The Official "I got my Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL" Thread

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It looks promising from this post here..
22e13d520ba543f0193bbddbeb4f6ad7.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
While I don't have the XL, I just threw on a pair of Polarized glasses and checked my regular Pix2, Galaxy S5, Turbo, and Zenpad tablet. Both AMOLED devices worked great in both portrait and landscape. The LCD panels suffered as I rotated the device.

I think its an inherent difference between the two display technologies.

Funny side story - Several years ago as flat panel computer monitors were coming in their own, we outfitted our hydrographic survey boat with a pair of very nice (and expensive at the time) flat panels. Well I had one young survey technician come in complaining that WE had to buy new monitors because the ones on the boat didn't work with HER sunglasses. :rolleyes:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
To be honest, I work in a home office with a tower less than 1/2 mile away. So yea signal has been strong...but EVERYTHING is strong here.

On Saturday I'll in a more rural part of town and will be the real acid test.

Waiting to hear your results and those of others. I live very rural and work is sketchy so strong reception is a major concern of mine. I remember reading people having reception issues with the first Pixel.

Tap'd from my 7+

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
@bkdodger @radon222 can you guys test with non-polarized glasses too thanks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

bnpdp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
Late, but rockin the Black 2XL 128g since day 1. On 8.1. Love everything about this phone.

bnpdp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
Yeah a bit of a pain but no biggie reentering passwords.. BTW have you noticed radios seem to be solid on this device... I had exceptional coverage on my commute today. It was even better than my Motorola Z Play.. Or any recent phone I've used..

Sent using Tapatalk
I'm coming from the Nexus 6, and the new radios are unbelievable. I couldn't hold 4G at a window in my building, now I never lose connection even in the middle of the building. Not sure what they did but it's heaven.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm going to be using the little transfer adapter in the box to set up my phone. Curious to see if it ends up being faster.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I'm going to be using the little transfer adapter in the box to set up my phone. Curious to see if it ends up being faster.
I used the adapter that came with my OG Pixel XL to transfer from my V20. Made setup a breeze.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Outside of transferring your call and messaging logs I really didn't see it different than using the standard setup.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Looking forward to receiving my 2XL this week. It's scheduled to ship tomorrow, and arrive Tuesday or Wednesday.

Funny thing is, my Nexus 6 just received the 7.1.1 update. Must know that a change is imminent.