The Official "I got my new Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3" thread!

Joyce_12

Reaction score
Congratz to you all, i got an old Android phone well actually a windooz phone running Android but still hehe
When I update my phone plan I am getting this one for sure..

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
This shouldn't work. To add a new line, even to an unlimited data plan, they have to set you up on a new LIMITED data package. I've asked about this extensively, and even asked about that EXACT situation before I got my Note 3, which is why I went ahead and took the plunge and went with the Edge Max plan for 6GB data. And if they DID do it for you, they're not supposed to be able to, and this post could put Mr. Oscar at risk for doing something he wasn't supposed to do.

Just food for thought.

Sadly this is my experience as well.

HOWEVER, I have heard of it happening at Best Buy since it was denied to me, so did you do this at a VZW retailer or was it an official corporate store? If not, well don't be upset with him like hradek :p I doubt he'll get in much trouble, but as far as I know technically he is not able to do that. But who knows anymore, VZW reps are probably the least consistent profession I came across.

I bought an older phone at an older location and it was in a box marked "factory new," which doesn't necessarily mean BRAND new. I told this to the guy when I got my N3 and he said he's never heard of that. I said well it was at the previous location of this store, and he says in his x amount of years he's never heard that.

Well I'd been going to the prior location for 10+ years and I don't remember him AT ALL!!! So who knows what to believe anymore...

nellj

Reaction score

HOWEVER, I have heard of it happening at Best Buy since it was denied to me, so did you do this at a VZW retailer or was it an official corporate store? If not, well don't be upset with him like hradek :p I doubt he'll get in much trouble, but as far as I know technically he is not able to do that. But who knows anymore, VZW reps are probably the least consistent profession I came across.

I bought an older phone at an older location and it was in a box marked "factory new," which doesn't necessarily mean BRAND new. I told this to the guy when I got my N3 and he said he's never heard of that. I said well it was at the previous location of this store, and he says in his x amount of years he's never heard that.

Well I'd been going to the prior location for 10+ years and I don't remember him AT ALL!!! So who knows what to believe anymore...

To err on the side of caution , I removed the Reps name from my original post. Guys, remember Reps are sales people and in sales you do what it takes to make that sale. I'm sure certain reps know how to exploit loopholes in their own companies infrastructure. Kudos to them. Since this rep was able to do this for me, Verizon has retained a 7 year customer for a couple more years and that matters to their bottom line.

The previous rep I spoke to in that story works at the same branch I was able to get this done at. I'm sure some reps just know more than others and will keep it at that.

hradek422

Reaction score

Lol, if I was upset with ANYONE, it was my Verizon store in SGF, MO for NOT letting me do this, lol. I just said it SHOULDN'T have let them do it.... because it didn't let my Verizon store do it :(

1tfrot

Reaction score
got my N3 about a week ago and absolutely love it!!! my resound was a great phone, but damn this thing is awesome. super fast, easy to navigate around, great screen, love the ease of turning things off, creating new folders and dragging/dropping, etc.......

battery is great too. I typically get about 2 days worth on a single charge and that's with atleast a couple hours of screen time. I don't consider myself a heavy user. more like light user most of the time

only thing I could complain about (it's a phone for crying out loud :p ) is that while it takes decent pics, my previous rezound took much better pics. haven't tried any vids yet

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
got my N3 about a week ago and absolutely love it!!! my resound was a great phone, but damn this thing is awesome. super fast, easy to navigate around, great screen, love the ease of turning things off, creating new folders and dragging/dropping, etc.......

battery is great too. I typically get about 2 days worth on a single charge and that's with atleast a couple hours of screen time. I don't consider myself a heavy user. more like light user most of the time

only thing I could complain about (it's a phone for crying out loud :p ) is that while it takes decent pics, my previous rezound took much better pics. haven't tried any vids yet

One of us. One of us. Gooble-gobble-gooble-gobble.

+300 to anyone who gets that reference without having to look it up.

Though I will say as someone who came from and loved a Rezound...its camera has NOTHING on the N3. Maybe check your settings? I'll say pictures aren't AMAZINGLY better (still brighter though), but the video is the best I've ever seen on any phone, hands down. I think I've converted 1 iPhone users and another GS2 user to upgrade to the N3 solely based on the camera...

1tfrot

Reaction score
One of us. One of us. Gooble-gobble-gooble-gobble.

+300 to anyone who gets that reference without having to look it up.

Though I will say as someone who came from and loved a Rezound...its camera has NOTHING on the N3. Maybe check your settings? I'll say pictures aren't AMAZINGLY better (still brighter though), but the video is the best I've ever seen on any phone, hands down. I think I've converted 1 iPhone users and another GS2 user to upgrade to the N3 solely based on the camera...

I've checked settings and unless I'm missing something, it's just not as good. the screen makes up for it, but the rezound (atleast mine) takes better pics. the HD vid is awesome on the rezound as well. again, stupid complaint, but got spoiled with how well it took pics. it might be a slight difference and maybe I just need to get use to the phone as well.

don't get me wrong, I wouldn't get rid of the N3 for anything else on the market as of now. I love it.

congrats on getting those <cough> apple owners to possibly switch over :icon_ devil:

didn't mean to attach that and can't seem to delete it :blink:

Last edited:

ripper2860

Reaction score
Got my N3 about 4 days ago. Went from a Razr Maxx HD, which in itself is a pretty darn good phone with outstanding battery. All in all it was and still is a pretty good phone...

But the N3 is in a league by itself. The screen is amazing and after years of sub-par Moto cameras (DroidX, Razr Maxx, Razr HD Maxx, Atrix, Atrix HD ...) it's truly nice to have an outstanding camera. The feature set and stock ROM has everything I could ever want and Rooting seems almost un-needed. Not saying I won't root -- but I'm content with things as they are for now.

Anyhow -- Super Fast. Super Smooth. Great Screen. Awesome camera. Great Apps. Awesome Battery life. Light for its size. Elegant Looking. Excellent Music / Audio performance. Oh, yeah -- and excellent at making and receiving phone calls and e-mails and such. The total package! Seems Samsung has elevated Smart Phones to an art form. So much so that the wife is now ditching her relatively new Atrix HD for an S3/4!!

Only drawback -- you'll spend hours upon hours learning everything this bad boy can do. Now, I'm off to learn all about the S-Pen apps and how to use them!!

Last edited:

NashvilleKit

Reaction score
... only thing I could complain about (it's a phone for crying out loud :p ) is that while it takes decent pics, my previous rezound took much better pics. haven't tried any vids yet

I was holding off buying a new point & shoot thinking my N3 camera would alleviate the need. It simply doesn't; heck my 6.5-year-old Canon PowerShot SD550 (7.1mp) takes MUCH better pics than the Note 3. (But it IS a phone and even sort of a tablet; it ain't a real camera). So pulled the trigger on new cam! Amazon liked my decision! :)

ripper2860

Reaction score
If you're not happy with N3 camera then you would have absolutely hated the MOTO cameras. :/

True, it is not a replacement for a good P&S, but coming from a moto, the N3 is like a professional DSLR. Leaps and bounds better. I would like to get my hands on a 41MP Nokia camera phone and see how it stacks up. (Is it a dream? Or a dud?)

1tfrot

Reaction score
don't get me wrong, it really wasn't a complaint as much as it was a nitpick :happy3: I've got a great p&s to get serious with so no worries. it's just nice having to not carry it around all the time. a great camera phone works wonders for kids sporting events and adding to youtube right away :biggrin:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Just curious, but is there any way to upload pics taken at full res without making a file share account?

ksy77

Reaction score
Samsung smart view app working with Note 3

Oh and btw, if you are interested, here is a demo on how to get the Samsung smartview app to work with your Note 3!

[video=youtube;LXzaT_N6tuw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXzaT_N6tuw[/video]