The new way of simple life! - The Motorola HS1001 DECT

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net

Dear readers,

Today i discovered something really special. Since i have a DECT-enabled router for 5 years now, i am searching for a good cordles DECT-home phone. But the market only has phones, minimized to the basics, and nothing new and creative. But Motorola and BINATON are going new ways of simple life. Here in germany, at the CeBIT 2010 in Hannover, where i was for DROIDFORUMS, they introduced the
MOTOROLA HS 1001 DECT phone.

The phone features a touchscreen and android 1.6! It is able to both do DECT phone calls via your router, as well as VOIP over an android voip-client via WiFi.
You are also able to put in a microSD card with your music and play it from the phone or the dockingstation. Another cool feature is, you can set up an email account on it. That actually gives you the opportunity to have [email protected] for example and set it up on the phone, so you have all family related emails and phone calls on the same device.

Watch this awesome video:

[video=youtube;kP05aA5QRaE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP05aA5QRaE[/video]

Release dates are not clear yet, but the video mentions Q3/Q4 in Europe and Q4/Q1 2011 for America. The device will be around 99€uros, around $ 130 USD.

Know what? I cant wait to get my hands on!!

:icon_ devil:

RinTinTigger
via

Last edited:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
People want home phones?

:rofl3: I forgot there even were such phones, lol... Went to BB the other day and was simply floored when I saw the size of the 'home phone' selection... I haven't had (or used) a 'home phone' for at least five years. Though I do wish the big carriers would get off their a$$ and enable calling via wi-fi (T-Mobile has it, but then they need it with their crappy coverage).

M

Matth3w

People want home phones?

:rofl3: I forgot there even were such phones, lol... Went to BB the other day and was simply floored when I saw the size of the 'home phone' selection... I haven't had (or used) a 'home phone' for at least five years. Though I do wish the big carriers would get off their a$$ and enable calling via wi-fi (T-Mobile has it, but then they need it with their crappy coverage).
9.5 years for me now, ever since I joined the military and cell phones had unlimited nationwide calling.