The name says it all; HEEEELLLLLLLLLLELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Hello everyone out there... obviously because of the name....im a noob when it comes to rooting and Droids. i Really need help with Rooting my phone. i Have tryed to root my x2 with gingerbreak and with motorola one click root. both times the device acted like it was rooting (heck the motorola one click even rebooted my phone) and then i came to find that the dang thing wasnt rooted at all!!!!! im at a loss right now. oh and just for the record. im not an idiot. i just am when it comes to rooting lol. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

my first smartphone was the lg Ally, the "dumbest smartphone on the market" (a Verizon tech actually told me that)
my current smartphone is the motorola Droid X2 with gingerbread 2.3.4 factory loaded Brand spankin new

Last edited:

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!:) Your name made me laugh. I hope you enjoy your stay and get the help you need and eventually, when you're no longer a noob, you can ask for a name change, lol:p

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
noobsterootster
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
ok. got it rooted using pete's tools Thanks to @ravinaziankid's advice....but i messed up when i deleted phone 2.3.4 from my phone. i got that issue resolved by flashing my phone and then getting a replacement through verizon. now. before i screw it up again. does anyone have any suggestions on where i can get a good program for backing my phone up to my computer? because i would like a failsafe.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you already rooted with your replacement phone? If so, titanium backup can back up all your apps, sms backup and restore will backup your text messages, there are apps that will back up your call log, and your gmail account will back up your contacts.

OP
noobsterootster
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Are you already rooted with your replacement phone? If so, titanium backup can back up all your apps, sms backup and restore will backup your text messages, there are apps that will back up your call log, and your gmail account will back up your contacts.

no i didnt root it yet...i literally just got back from verizon. im downloading a software update (phone had GB 2.3.3 installed 2.3.4)
i was wondering if it should be neccesary (spelling) to backup to a computer or if Titanium backup is good enough btw...i'm glad u like the name...i was hoping it would grab some attention and it did lol

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Titanium backup is a root only app but there are other apps out there for non-rooted users, I think. I'm sure someone else here will chime in. Yeah, it took me a little while to figure out the DROID but once I did, I was already looking for updates which ultimately led me here. Over a year ago, I was able to get froyo before Verizon released the update for it. Used to have a D1 but broke the screen and messed it up trying to fix it.

OP
noobsterootster
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Gotta love when u break something trying to fix it. i've decided to just root my phone again and backup with titanium before i do anything else this time. i was a little over-enthusiastic last nite...which is probably how i managed to delete my phones ability to be a phone! lol how do you like your Bionic? ive heard more good than bad things about it but i didnt need the amount of access it was able to give me so i opted for the x2....glad i did though...love this thing!:biggrin:

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a great phone, only experiencing minor 3g/4g loss that is remedied by using the restart connections app. There is an update that is coming soon that will fix this. I hope everything goes ok rooting your DROID, good luck!:)