The LG G4 Launches Today... April 28th. Here Is What We Do Know...

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
lg-g4-preview-main.jpg

*Update: Here's a link to where you can watch the G4 Livestream: LG G4 Livestream

LG has already revealed most of the details of the G4, but we won’t know everything about it until it’s official later today. This is what we do know.

Moto started it with the Moto X, then Samsung jumped on the wagon with faux-leather backing on the Galaxy Note 3. LG continues with the release of its G4 flagship. LG published a post on how the leather backing is manufactured. For those of you who are not into cowhide, the G4 will come in three plastic versions, as well.

LG seems to be totally in ore of the G4 display. They have been hyping it since early this month. They have revealed, its improved QuadHD display with Advanced In-Cell Touch (AIT) technology, enables the display to sense touch even when it’s wet.

LG also teased that even though the display features a contrast ratio that’s 50 percent higher than its competitors, it doesn’t burn through battery as quickly as you think. Time will tell. LG calls this a "Quantum display." Perhaps it uses the same quantum lighting technology found in their latest top-of-the-line TVs?

The Korea Times reported a while ago that the G4 runs on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor instead of a Snapdragon 810, as the 810 has been under fire for overheating. The G4 will use the Snapdragon 808,” said the source. " Qualcomm stated they will be able to resolve overheating issues later this year."

Both the LG G Flex 2 and the HTC One M9 had to be throttled back to avoid overheating. The 808 might actually perform better in the long run, and perhaps the better choice.

Now for the camera. LG’s video shows what the G4, can do with its 16-megapixel rear-facing camera.

The G4 has a 16-megapixel rear-facing camera with an f/1.8 aperture, as well as an 8-megapixel front-facing camera, which is perfect for selfies. Can't wait to check it out..

LG recently published a teaser video showing off all the details of its improved UX4.0 user interface. It features things like a quick camera shortcut, RingTone ID, and Quick Memo+, which may just be a loaded version of a note-taking app, Google Keep.

Looks like LG has really produced a winner. We will know for sure today. Who's getting in line for G4?

Last edited by a moderator:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
LG is making me think about giving them a try. This phone looks great. I'd love to see the G4 note though.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I had the LG G3 and though it wasn't a bad phone, something was missing. It felt blah. Nothing really stood out on it except the placement of the power button on the back which wasn't a bad thing. The screen felt run of the mill though it was one of the first 4K screens. It just didn't pop. The camera wasn't the greatest unless you were in a very well lit environment. The UI wasn't bad. Not bloated or slow but also not really stand outish. The battery was good. I never had an issue where it was dying before bedtime. The radios IMO weren't that great in the G3. I had issues with reception where I hadn't had them before and my wife's S4 was better. My Nexus 6 hasn't had those issues either. But at the end of the day, it just felt blah.