The guilt or the truth?

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
So here I am using my brand new s3. I came from a long line of Android phones and in February switched over to an iPhone 4s. Had some issues and was lucky enough to get an early upgrade. I refuse to get an iPhone 5 because it seems no different than my 4s other than being longer and needing new usb cables throughout my household.

So as my evening has worn on a few things popped into my mind.

1) I miss face time - yes I have a mac book but it's convenient with family members to be on the phone with my kids.

2) I got adjusted to the Os so easily and this s3 seems foreign to me.

3) I feel guilty spending the money when by my original upgrade date I'm sure I could get this phone for $100 LoL

It's large and uncomfortable for me and doesn't fit in my pocket very well. I just can't tell if this is buyers remorse, guilt, or do I really miss my iPhone?

Any advice?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1.) Look at Tango, pretty good app to replace FaceTime.

2.) Just play around with it, yeah, might seem frustrating at first to spend so long getting to re-aquaint a new OS, but there's a lot more you can do.

3.) Well... not sure we can help you on that one lol

Yeah, its a large phone, I usually have mine in my back pocket, but I stand quit a bit throughout the day, when I sit or drive its usually in my lap lol (I have an HD, almost as big as SGS3.)

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
I didn't know if anyone else had switched from an iPhone and what their take was as well?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't know if anyone else had switched from an iPhone and what their take was as well?

I had the 4S for a while as well, to small for me, personal preference. I prefer the larger screen.

EricUnLtd

Reaction score
You're just used to iPhone and it's iOS interface, that's all. I'll say that the screen and the size of the S3 are huge points for me. Oddly enough, the S3 isn't too big or too small. I had an iPhone 5 for a week and a half before exchanging it for an S3. I couldn't get used to iOS. Seemed too simple and dumbed-down for me. The only plus I'll give the iPhone 4s/5 is the camera. It's the best I've seen in a smartphone. Just playing around with the S3 and give it sometime. Trust me, you'll love it in no time.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Buyers remorse is a normal reaction for any purchase or change that could be considered major.
Give it about 3 days and you'll know better whether it was a good thing for you or mistake
Try out another launcher like Apex or Nova. You may prefer that to the stock launcher.
The feeling of holding a small tablet vs phone gets better quickly as well. I remember my Rezound felt huge for a few days coming from an Inc (virtually the same size of an iPhone)

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Last edited:
OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
The thing going through my mind is if my husband gets an iPhone 5 am I going to want that? I which I'm sure I'll be able to go on swappa if I really wanted to. So after being on an iPhone I LOVE the bigger screen I just miss my music on my phone and I am not converting all my iTunes music to use on here lol

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
I also miss the instant editing on photos. I'm big into photography.

gxyS3_918

Reaction score
My girlfriend owns the iphone 4s,i have the s3. It's all about personal preference. she loves her iPhone and says my s3 is just too big. I love my s3 and wouldn't trade it for anything, except maybe the droid razr maxx hd. I'll agree with everyone and give the nod on the camera to the iPhone, but the s3 is no slouch and has great options on the camera. They are both great phones and each have different features that appeal to everyone. If it's not too late most companies give you a few weeks and will let you exchange the phone for something different.not sure if there is a fee for that our not, but it's worth looking in to. I have spent and i know they give you like two weeks to return it.

WestOkid

Reaction score
The thing going through my mind is if my husband gets an iPhone 5 am I going to want that? I which I'm sure I'll be able to go on swappa if I really wanted to. So after being on an iPhone I LOVE the bigger screen I just miss my music on my phone and I am not converting all my iTunes music to use on here lol

You don't need to convert your music unless it is the old DRM stuff Apple used to use to lock people into the eco-system. Just use iSyncr and continue to use iTunes if you want to. I have to use it because my wife has an iPhone and I have several iPods. Isyncr can be used USB or wireless and it is truly seamless. You can also install Google Music. It is not as straightforward as iSyncr, but it allows you to store your music on the cloud and it can auto sync with iTunes so yo don't have to do anything once its on your PC.

Also - As for editing photos. There are several apps to do this. That is the thing with Android, it is much more flexible and open, so it can be tailored to do what ever you want, however you want. The downside is that unlike Apple it has a higher learning curve. Good luck with the new phone.

aimeeinohio

Reaction score
I went from iPhone to the S3. The first few days were super frustrating for me- Ive been an Apple nerd for a long, long time...But now I LOVE it. I used an app to
sync everything from itunes to my phone. I am selling my MacBook and going back to PC as well- tired of fighting with school programs, etc.

When I was looking at phones, the only other phones I even considered other than the iPhone 5 were the s3 and the note...I really love my s3. Huge screen is awesome.

phobox

Reaction score
To be honest I felt exactly the same as you do when I switched to an S3 after having iPhones since 2007. I felt let down by android, various things didn't seem right to me and it wasn't as smooth an experience as the iPhone.

Fast forward a few weeks and I'm really loving my S3. Battery life could still be better but really that's now my only niggle. Once you realise the power android gives you and what you can do with it, you'll be in heaven. I can customise my phone exactly how I want and if I dont like any part of it, I can change it. The apps I use daily are easily on par with their iOS counterparts so I'm not missing anything there. Syncing is now arguably better than it was on the iPhone because using a combo of iSyncr and Tasker I can not only sync the stuff I want wirelessly but I can do it according to my own rules rather than Apple deciding what's best for me. Music for example is a huge thing for me, so I have isyncr syncing back with iTunes on my Mac which also automatically syncs back any music I purchase on the phone. I also use Google Music so my entire library is always with me in the cloud.

The only thing I miss a bit from the iPhone is the fact that iOS still has the largest and generally higher quality selection of apps. Also Game Center was a nice centralised way of multiplayer gaming and high score keeping. There are alternatives to that on android of course, but you could easily end up having to sign up to a hundred different services, not ideal.

Overall though its android all the way now. Just the level of power I have over the experience is enough to have me sold.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Thank you to those who posted that went from die hard iPhoners to the S3. In buyers remorse I sent it back but I am going to see if they can just send it back or ill order a new one. I regret sending it back and now that I can use isyncr to have my music on my phone. This made me so happy! I wish I would have given it more time :(

OP
RyansGirl101302
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
Ok so not to beat a dead horse, but Verizon got my s3 and as soon as its processed I can either order another S3 or get something else. Again I am still on my iphone4s and after comparing I have a LOT of apps on my iphone that the market doesn't offer for the S3 and also I LOVE the bigger screen on the S3. I went to the Verizon store today to have them hand in hand and its silly to get my same phone with a longer screen but the same width.

I hate that I am do indecisive :( I want both but when I get my new one I am trading in my 4S to get the money to cover the upgrade. Help!

phobox

Reaction score
It is difficult. It really depends how invested you are in the Apple ecosystem and how happy you would be if you stuck with it. For me I loved iOS and I still do in many ways and there are still some fairly significant ways its better than Android. However despite that iOS just isn't enough anymore. Its too stale and limited compared to Android. If you don't like something on iOS well tough because there's nothing you can do. On android you have the ability and choice to set things up how you want and change the things you aren't happy with. Android does however require more attention than iOS. Its like an unruly teenager in some ways, wild and unpredictable yet endless fun. Whereas iOS is like a law professor, smart and well articulated but incredibly dull lol. If you want change and choice and the ability to make you own decisions, go android. You wont regret it. Just remember to give it time to impress you :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2