The Galaxy S8 Has Been Benchmarked And It Destroyed The iPhone 7 Plus

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

We are already seeing the Galaxy S8 on the Antutu Benchmark, and someone has actually uploaded an Antutu Benchmark video. The new device does indeed utilize the Snapdragon 835 and it performs better than all the other flagships even the iPhone 7 Plus. The video shows the S8 with a score of 205284 which is far better than the 181807 score that the iPhone 7 Plus is able to score. The OnePlus 3T is able to score 162423 and is the highest scoring Android device prior to the Galaxy S8. The big question here is while the S8 has plenty of processing power will it be able to better manage memory than past Galaxy devices. Samsung has purposefully been aggressive with Ram Management in an attempt to save battery life. Maybe this will be a device that can finally beat the iPhone in multitasking tests if Samsung gets Ram Management right.

via CultofMac

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's all irrelevant now. My phone has snapdragon 625 and I have yet to come across anything that would make the phone hiccup or stutter while multitasking half a dozen apps at any time and it's been 13 days since my last reboot. Actually last time I rebooted was when phone installed nougat.

wardo

Reaction score
It's all irrelevant now. My phone has snapdragon 625 and I have yet to come across anything that would make the phone hiccup or stutter while multitasking half a dozen apps at any time and it's been 13 days since my last reboot. Actually last time I rebooted was when phone installed nougat.
Exactly. Not even sure what snapwaggon my s6 has but i highly doubt I'll ever notice compared to the newest chip

Briankbl

Reaction score
Didn't watch the video, but is this person testing the Exynos version or the inferior snapdragon one?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Plus, to add to what you guys already commented on, I expected it to crush the iPhone 7+. The iPhone 7 plus was last year's phone just like the S7, pixel, and so on. I'm glad Samsung is making progress but beating last year's chipsets is part of meeting said progress.

In other words, this news is just another check box showing Samsung is moving forward with making a better device than what they put out last year. But I'm not going to hold this device in iPhone fans faces because it would be similar to then saying the iPhone 7 performance was better then the previous year's Android device.... "well yeah because they used older tech".

Lastly no matter how well Samsung phones perform in benchmarks I find that their performance degrade over time while devices like me Nexus performs better. Probably because of constant updates and lack of bloat.

I'll take Samsung's hardware but they can keep their software. But to give them so credit here. "Hey Google, this is what a premium device should look like. Take notes for the pixel 2."

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Briankbl

Reaction score
I'll take Samsung's hardware but they can keep their software. But to give them so credit here. "Hey Google, this is what a premium device should look like. Take notes for the pixel 2."

I, personally, am getting sick of double glass. Glass on front. Glass on back. Double the chance of cracking my phone. Glass also means non-removable batteries. Glass also means slippery as heck. Glass AND the thinness means super hard to hold. Lastly, those freaking annoying curved edges(infinity display). Holding the phone like you would any other phone causes your fingers to touch the sides, meaning unwanted input and "phantom touches". Samsung forces you to buy a case because A) front and back are glass, and B) you need a case so you can hold the phone without touching the curved edges.

Just give me a phone that looks decent(doesn't have to look like the sexiest mobile device ever), incredibly comfortable to hold, removable battery, thicker for bigger battery sizes and better specs. That's what I want. A device with room inside for monster specs, which still is decent to look at on the outside.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Just give me a phone that looks decent(doesn't have to look like the sexiest mobile device ever), incredibly comfortable to hold, removable battery, thicker for bigger battery sizes and better specs. That's what I want. A device with room inside for monster specs, which still is decent to look at on the outside.

Have you seen moto z phones?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
"Droid" branded phones are Verizon exclusive. I have T-Mobile.
No they aren't.

da3c8381b3b0fd77fbf8535e1c3027ed.jpg

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well technically yes they still are.

The "Moto Z Play" Unlocked is just that unlocked to all carriers. the "Moto Z Play DROID" edition is a Verizon exclusive.

EDITTED to add - Of course I posted the above without looking at the image you posted <head smack>

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm on TMobile also. Moto makes unlocked phones for att and tmo. I'm using z play and it's fantastic. It's battery life is unreal. People don't believe me that you can 9-10 hours of screen time on single charge without battery mod. It's only down side is it's camera, performs rather poorly in low light situations.

Briankbl

Reaction score
No they aren't.

da3c8381b3b0fd77fbf8535e1c3027ed.jpg
Semantics. They launched exclusively on Verizon.

https://www.gottabemobile.com/moto-z-release-date-breakdown/

"Motorola confirmed that both of these phones will be available in the United States starting exclusively with Verizon Wireless as a part of their DROID partnership. They went up for pre-order on July 21st and are now available as of the 28th from Verizon, Best Buy, and Motorola.com.

Those who aren’t on Verizon Wireless won’t even be able to get the better of the two, the Moto Z Force (bigger battery, better camera, shatterproof display) at all. As it’s completely a Verizon exclusive.

However, Motorola will be selling the razor thin and equally impressive regular Moto Z as an unlocked phone this fall, as well as a global release date in September."

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
What semantics? Motorola sells for GSM and CDMA providers.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I had z force on Verizon before trading it for z play on TMobile. Z play is by far the best of 3 z phones out. It has a scratch resistant screen that isn't shatter proof. Z force screen is VERY easy to scratch so a screen protector is a must. Plus z play has a very battery efficient processor. I'm a heavy user and needed moto battery mod with z force to make it through the day without charge. With z play I don't need it, but with battery mod can make it through 2 days without charge.
Regular moto z droid just plain sucks.