The enter button

Wrigley25

Reaction score
Is there a way to make the enter button send a text instead of creating a new line? Neither the ok or enter button will send, i have to click the screen to do so.

Also, is there any way to enable a preview of a text in the notification bar like the original droid? Right now it will just say the sender's name and 1 New Text Message.

*86eyerok*

Reaction score
Is there a way to make the enter button send a text instead of creating a new line? Neither the ok or enter button will send, i have to click the screen to do so.

I was wondering the same thing. Touching send on the screen is getting annoying!

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

AceDROID

Reaction score
Use handcent? That's what I use and there is in the options the shortcut key for send is enter. That or shift+enter. Try that?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

ezeddiekun

Reaction score
If you use third party apps like Go SMS Pro. There's an option for that. Very good replacement for the original app with tons of new features.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

*86eyerok*

Reaction score
Use handcent? That's what I use and there is in the options the shortcut key for send is enter. That or shift+enter. Try that?

I'm using handcent, must have missed that setting when I configured it. Thanks!

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

AceDROID

Reaction score
You're welcome, glad I could help!

jamesjones25

Reaction score
You can press the right arrow key and then OK or ENTER. This function will send your message. Really easy.....

NoBloatware

Reaction score
You can press the right arrow key and then OK or ENTER. This function will send your message. Really easy.....

This might be a feature of the texting app. By making a bit difficult to send texts, it helps avoid premature sending.

debdroid1a

Reaction score

Just tried this and it's very easy and fast. The right arrow key is just below the OK so that makes it fast.