The double-letters and missed-letters issue

pankuleczka

Reaction score
After flashing the new service 36.0 sbf (central europe) my phone finally started acting like one (crystal talk issues were horrible, not to mention delayed alarms) BUT introduced a new annoying "feature" - just like in the threads title. It happens a lot with "n" and space, sometimes with other letters. The only similar problem i found is described at The double-letters and missed-letters issue - xda-developers, but it involved a windows mobile phone, not android. Funny thing is, on page two someone posted "I had this double-lettering (mostly m, n and a lot of letters on the rightside of the keyboard) and double-spacing a lot since a couple of months. [...]".
As the central europe sbf gave me a greek keyboard option which i don't need, that gave me a thought that maybe the sbf was wrong, so i went with the GOT's UK one. No luck (although greek keyboard is gone).
I'm now stumped and have no idea what to do next. It really makes texting a painful process. Should i do a hard reset? I would love to avoid this. Did anyone encountered similar problem or I'm the only one?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=426380http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=426380
EDIT: forgot to add that i'm talking about hardware keyboard

Last edited:

Aqualung

Reaction score
It happens with the A key for me. Sometimes it doesn't work, sometimes it presses twice...

chad_petree

Reaction score
i have this issue too, i thought my keyboard broke, i stopped sing the hardware keyboard because of this, im suing the droid x keyboard now =/

OP
P

pankuleczka

Reaction score
looks like this phone is just doomed to not function properly.
found two "fixes" here:
Droid keyboard repeating letters - Android Forums
the second one is rubbish in my opinion, so i went with this one:

"I had this random thought to fix this today and have tested so it seems to have worked.

Turn the phone off
On the physical keyboard, run back and forth all of the keys
Do not rub to hard nor too lightly
Rub as hard as you would if there was sticky gunk on the keyboard and you are trying to get it off.

After a good rub down power it back up

Now compose and email and type away!"

just done the furious rubbing, will see if it works or not (doubt it). i'll post in a day or two.