The Complete Guide to Using Droid 2 (a955)/ R2D2 (a957)

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
ok it's far from complete yet... as of 27 April 2013

Current software version is Android 2.3.4, System Version 4.5.621/2
once phone is on 2.3.4, it can not be downgraded

Quick Links
info DROID 2 4.5.621 Update Finally Arrives ? Includes Security Patch and Handful of Other Fixes ? Droid Life
DROID 2 R2-D2 Update to 4.5.622 is Ready – Security Patches, Bug Fixes and Android 2.3.4 on Board
.sbf stock rom (a955) 1FF-p2a_droid2_cdma_droid2-user-2.3.3-4.5.1_57_DR2-31-110719-release-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf download 1 download 2
R2D2 (a957) 1FF-p2a_droid2_r2d2_cdma_droid2_r2d2-user-2.3.3-4.5.1_57_DR2-32-110726-release-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf download 1 download 2
Root method: [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .apk to root just download, allow unknown sources, install, open, select top root method (Gimli), reboot phone, done, no pc needed
[video=youtube_share;-5TmP15hfQU]http://youtu.be/-5TmP15hfQU[/video]
Custom Recovery Method: [HOW TO] Install/Use Droid 2/X/3 Bootstrap to install ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) used to create/ restore nandroid backups, install custom roms...
Restore stock Rom: with How to use RSD Lite, ezSBF 2.3.4/ 4.5.621, or flash with linux or mac with sbf_flash

must haves if rooting Spare Battery Charger for Motorola Droid 2 and/or Motorola Factory Adaptor by Team Black Hat

must know how to
Safe Mode - Motorola DROID 2 (A955)
Boot to Bootloader and Android Recovery

more details
General Android
General Droid 2
General R2D2
Stock Rom
Rooting
Roms
Hardware Repair

sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links: FAQs, Guides, Rooting, SBFs, ROMs... - Google Docs

Change Log:
27 April 2013 started​

Last edited:

canufrank

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
A955,XT894
I know most people have lost their A955 by now, but...
For Shadow, or someone else who can point me in the right direction...
Shadow's Google site points to a ROM he uploaded on Dev-Host named liquid_droid2-ics-v1.5.1.zip

I'm looking for information on problems or limitations of this ROM. I'd be even more thrilled to find if a stable KitKat ROM is available for this device. (I have the LiquidICS v1.62 [unofficial port] installed and apps that require 'allow Multi-Cast reception' render the device useless. Of course, those are the apps I want :).)

OP
themib

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
I know most people have lost their A955 by now, but...
For Shadow, or someone else who can point me in the right direction...
Shadow's Google site points to a ROM he uploaded on Dev-Host named liquid_droid2-ics-v1.5.1.zip

I'm looking for information on problems or limitations of this ROM. I'd be even more thrilled to find if a stable KitKat ROM is available for this device. (I have the LiquidICS v1.62 [unofficial port] installed and apps that require 'allow Multi-Cast reception' render the device useless. Of course, those are the apps I want :).)

1.62 is the last build, I believe
no kitkat roms

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

canufrank

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
A955,XT894
1.62 is the last build, I believe
no kitkat roms

Thanks Shadow.

I'm a bit confused as to what the difference between the ROMS you have listed is. (Some link to forums where I can assess issues and differences, but others simply to a hosted file without explanation.) Would you recommend one, or should I just start flashing?

OP
themib

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Thanks Shadow.

I'm a bit confused as to what the difference between the ROMS you have listed is. (Some link to forums where I can assess issues and differences, but others simply to a hosted file without explanation.) Would you recommend one, or should I just start flashing?
Most of the ones without a thread link, really never had a proper thread.
Liquid ICS v1.62 is Probably the best option.