The Best Task Manager

m@tt

Reaction score
I have tested a couple, but I seem to like Task Manager by Rhythm Software the best. What is your fav ones?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have tested a couple, but I seem to like Task Manager by Rhythm Software the best. What is your fav ones?

I don't recommend any task killer app. Having said that I do have one on my phone, and it's Task Panel. I haven't used it in weeks and I don't have it automated to do anything.

marinehacker202

Reaction score
I don't recommend any task killer app. Having said that I do have one on my phone, and it's Task Panel. I haven't used it in weeks and I don't have it automated to do anything.

Hook, for what reason do you not recommend a Task killer?

marinehacker202

Reaction score
Search is your friend.

Sure. search is my friend on any of the numerous forums I belong to. But in this case, the way he stated that he doesn't recommend task killers, for those of us that are fresh to this particular forum, it leads us to believe that it may be his personal preference. There is no hint that it is a frequently asked question. Hence I ask the question. If you don't want to answer, then don't.
That been said, yes, now that I know its a FAQ, I will go a head and search

tktouch12

Reaction score
ok, so we shouldnt be using one. i dont just because i dont feel the need to, but, for those of you who do, what is your favorite?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Hook, for what reason do you not recommend a Task killer?

I don't think they are necessary and I've seen enough testimony from people here in this forum that they can cause problems. Plenty of people have reported having problems with their phone, like acting sluggish, or constant resets and just removing the task killer fixed it.

I also should point out that I've only seen this with a specific task killer and that's Advance Task Killer.

Also if you look at the sticky in the General Discussion Thread it talks about how Droid manages memory and why killing applications aren't really helpful. Now I don't know how accurate all that is, but I do know that many apps you kill just restart on their own anyway.

Really all of this is off topic, and I apologize to the OP for interrupting the thread. This is suppose to be a discussion of what you think the best app for task killing is and I do like Task Panel. I just don't use it. If I had to recommend one, that's the one I'd pick.