The best external battery charger for Droid Razr

Gleason81

Reaction score
Does anybody use an external battery charger? What is the best on the market?

DeadlyAP1

Reaction score

FelipeHikari

Reaction score
Does anybody know if my droid razr would safely handle a battery with 4.8V or 5.8V with maximum current output of 880mA?
Also, I'm interested on buying a solar charger. The one I've got my eyes on delivers a steady (according some users) voltage of 5.25V aprox. and maximum current of 700mA aprox. Does de droid razr handles it well/safely?
Thank you all!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Stay within the tolerance ranges specified on the stock charger. Using a higher voltage (5.8V) than the device was spec'd for (5.0V as spec'd + or - 5%, or between about 4.75V and 5.25V), could damage the charging circuit and potentially disrupt the protection circuitry designed to prevent overcharging of the battery. This is dangerous as an overcharged Lithium Ion battery can go onto a runaway state and explode producing extremely high temperature flames (think torch).

Also, charging a Lithium Ion battery faster than was intended (750mAh add spec'd), will shorten the battery's lifespan.

You are always best staying with the original manufacturers' chargers for the utmost in safety and battery life.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

YelloEye

Reaction score
I previously used the charger that came with my BB Storm, the cord was like 6 feet long. Now I just use the stock charger since the outlet is closer.

Jamie1985

Reaction score
There're quite many options in the market now.
I have got one from RavPower 3000mAh. Its
functions are high beyond my expect, love the wireless
one.