The application email(process.com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly

diverkirk

Reaction score
process com.android.email fix

I have the solution to the process com.android.email problem. It has nothing to do with clearing the cache and resetting the email program. That may be a temp fix but the root cause will still exist. When I had the problem I read all the forums and did the reset as well as other suggestions (changing the SSL designation, etc.), but it all proved futile. Then I noticed that after the reset my refresh of my email program only loaded emails to a specific day and then the crash would occur. It happened to be the day that the program crash first appeared. I decided to delete the email from that particular day (using my home computer). I also deleted the email from the deleted box. Viola! Problem gone. There were only a couple emails on that day and the one I suspect caused the problem was from Australia (I’m in the US). I’m not a major techie but there may be some coding problems with that email that the android operating system was having an issue with. I presently have an Epic 4G but I also had this same problem with my HTC Hero. I went through 3 Heros having this issue trying to fix and it never did. So I thought it was something with HTC and was glad to go back to Samsung. Then when it happened with the 4G I was quite upset. I don’t usually get email from overseas but do from time to time. I have been dealing with one client from England recently and have no issues. But there is a strong possibility that during the HTC crashes, I was dealing with a different client from Australia. So, I’m not sure if the Aussie connection is specific or just one of others.

portarno

Reaction score
The problem - When I try to open my email, I am getting
The application email(process.com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly

Is this a knon error ?
Any solutions

You must properly configure the system date and the Email will never fail. Greetings.

josephblow1

Reaction score
Delete bad emails from server fixes email process.com.android.email stopped unexpecte

I have the solution to the process com.android.email problem. It has nothing to do with clearing the cache and resetting the email program. That may be a temp fix but the root cause will still exist. When I had the problem I read all the forums and did the reset as well as other suggestions (changing the SSL designation, etc.), but it all proved futile. Then I noticed that after the reset my refresh of my email program only loaded emails to a specific day and then the crash would occur. It happened to be the day that the program crash first appeared. I decided to delete the email from that particular day (using my home computer). I also deleted the email from the deleted box. Viola! Problem gone. There were only a couple emails on that day and the one I suspect caused the problem was from Australia (I’m in the US). I’m not a major techie but there may be some coding problems with that email that the android operating system was having an issue with. I presently have an Epic 4G but I also had this same problem with my HTC Hero. I went through 3 Heros having this issue trying to fix and it never did. So I thought it was something with HTC and was glad to go back to Samsung. Then when it happened with the 4G I was quite upset. I don’t usually get email from overseas but do from time to time. I have been dealing with one client from England recently and have no issues. But there is a strong possibility that during the HTC crashes, I was dealing with a different client from Australia. So, I’m not sure if the Aussie connection is specific or just one of others.

Thank you, this fixed the problem. I tried clearing the cache and resetting the email program and neither worked. I deleted what I suspect was an email perhaps with a virus from the server on my home computer and that fixed the problem. I have a Samsung 7.7 inch tablet and will be travelling for 2 months without access to my home computer which I setup to delete emails from the server that I deleted from my windows 7 home computer. Is there a way I can delete emails from the server from my tablet using Android Honeycomb 2.2?

I would still like to keep a copy of emails on my home computer.