Thank God ...

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Our Mods are not like this:

Copied from a PC World Article, not my own credit here, but a good laugh read: (It Takes a Village Idiot: The Jerks of Online Forums - PCWorld)

The Moderator:

Taking a slightly subtler approach to making visitors feel unwelcome, the Moderator maintains an air of superiority as he bunkers down each day on a particular site's comment section or message board for another 16-hour stint as archivist-in-residence. He's the cool kid--the site vet who's been around for a long time and knows what's what. Leave a message that repeats something someone else said 16 months ago, and he'll let you know about it within minutes.

"Um, yeah, Newbie0314, we talked about that back when NeverTouchedAWoman24 brought the subject up last May. But thanks for contributing, lol."

Treating the forum as his own private gated community, the (self-appointed) Moderator seems to have adopted as his personal philosophy the Pythonesque commandment "Every thread is precious." To keep each discussion safe and pure, he will treat any commenter who has fewer than 200 messages to his name as an undocumented invader who doesn't deserve a spot on his beloved forum. All of this, we assume, from the comfort of his parents' basement.

163734-propriet26001_slide.jpg

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our Mods are not like this:

Copied from a PC World Article, not my own credit here, but a good laugh read: (It Takes a Village Idiot: The Jerks of Online Forums - PCWorld)

The Moderator:

Taking a slightly subtler approach to making visitors feel unwelcome, the Moderator maintains an air of superiority as he bunkers down each day on a particular site's comment section or message board for another 16-hour stint as archivist-in-residence. He's the cool kid--the site vet who's been around for a long time and knows what's what. Leave a message that repeats something someone else said 16 months ago, and he'll let you know about it within minutes.

"Um, yeah, Newbie0314, we talked about that back when NeverTouchedAWoman24 brought the subject up last May. But thanks for contributing, lol."

Treating the forum as his own private gated community, the (self-appointed) Moderator seems to have adopted as his personal philosophy the Pythonesque commandment "Every thread is precious." To keep each discussion safe and pure, he will treat any commenter who has fewer than 200 messages to his name as an undocumented invader who doesn't deserve a spot on his beloved forum. All of this, we assume, from the comfort of his parents' basement.

163734-propriet26001_slide.jpg

Well, I don't smoke but what's your point? :D

Interesting last night I notice a complaint about some problem and the only people who complained about it had less the 30 post. I started to make a comment about it but stopped, I thought "what makes those complaints less valid then the ones who have a thousand post?"

Really I don't try to look at post but it is an indication on how often you participate in the community. Someone who's been on board since April and has a thousand post wlll get noticed faster then someone who's been on 50 times in 6 months.

It's what you give back to the community, not amount of time or number of posts.

Of course that's easy for me to say granted the number of post I have here. But it's what I truly believe.

OP
RW-1

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Quality over quantity is totally true!

You're on my short but distinguished list my friend! :)