Thank god for unlimited data =]

y0manda

Reaction score
At&t has 200 mb data plan for 15$/month wtf?. I use more than that in a day just listening to music or howard stern. At&t also said 2/3 of their users actually are saving money with their new tiered rates. What are I phone users using their phones for?

jdk2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1103
At&t has 200 mb data plan for 15$/month wtf?. I use more than that in a day just listening to music or howard stern. At&t also said 2/3 of their users actually are saving money with their new tiered rates. What are I phone users using their phones for?
Fart apps :biggrin:

pyro6128

Reaction score
Fart apps :biggrin:

The funny thing is that youre absolutely right

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Meh, people who abuse things like that are kinda annoying because in the long term if it ends effecting me or someone else (i.e. them ending the unlimited data plan.) we basically get pay for the abuse. If you wanna get on the computer at home or laptop on the go, PAY FOR HOME INTERNET OR A CHIP FOR SAID LAPTOP. Jeez I mean its simple nothing in life is free, you want something pay for it that simple! People who abuse an who are given an inch an take a mile, seriously are ridiculous! Any who theres my two cents.

Reaction score
Meh, people who abuse things like that are kinda annoying because in the long term if it ends effecting me or someone else (i.e. them ending the unlimited data plan.) we basically get pay for the abuse. If you wanna get on the computer at home or laptop on the go, PAY FOR HOME INTERNET OR A CHIP FOR SAID LAPTOP. Jeez I mean its simple nothing in life is free, you want something pay for it that simple! People who abuse an who are given an inch an take a mile, seriously are ridiculous! Any who theres my two cents.

you're absolutely right. that is why i pay $30 a month for UNLIMITED data.

R3Ds

Developer
Reaction score
Website
r3dsthemes.com
If they limit the data usage, they should also sell you the phone without a data plan since u can use a wifi hotspot instead of 3g for data. That is just a excuse for 4g coverage. My 3 cents.

Sent from R3DMANX.COM/R3Ds

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
you're absolutely right. that is why i pay $30 a month for UNLIMITED data.

Very true. According to yoiur contract that you agreed to you have UNLIMITED data, meaning there is no cap what so ever to how much data you use. Then again when you agreed to this contract of course you read the part where it stated that only ONE device (meaning your phone) had unlimited data.

Therefore you are admittingly breaking the contract that you agreed to, and also want to whine and complain about it at the same time?

(And yes, it is truly unlimited as long as your phone is the device being used...there is no soft cap like some people like to claim on these boards).

pyro6128

Reaction score
yea these people that think getting an unlimited data plan for their phone means that they dont need home internet are simply morons. There is no other explanation

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I understand there's a difference, but I'm not worried about it or about "ruining it" for others....

Like I have said in other threads, by managing my cable/inet/phone services, I am saving 1000 a year by doing it the way I am.... hhhmmmmm $1k in the savings account or concern over if I'm worried that you will get tiered plans..... lemme think about that one long and hard.... bwahahahahaha

if/when they go back, I will simply rehook up my cable and get the data plan that best suits my needs.

Sorry if taking advantage of my phone's capabilities messes you up..... no wait, I'm not sorry.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
ive used over 150gigs this month tethering. thank god for unlimited data

And it is exactly because of people like YOU that VZW and others are eliminating the Unlimited plans... Like always a few people have to abuse the privileges and ruin the fun for everyone else...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ive used over 150gigs this month tethering. thank god for unlimited data

And it is exactly because of people like YOU that VZW and others are eliminating the Unlimited plans... Like always a few people have to abuse the privileges and ruin the fun for everyone else...

agreed. just cause its unlimited doesnt mean you have to abuse it.

pyro6128

Reaction score
I understand there's a difference, but I'm not worried about it or about "ruining it" for others....

Like I have said in other threads, by managing my cable/inet/phone services, I am saving 1000 a year by doing it the way I am.... hhhmmmmm $1k in the savings account or concern over if I'm worried that you will get tiered plans..... lemme think about that one long and hard.... bwahahahahaha

if/when they go back, I will simply rehook up my cable and get the data plan that best suits my needs.

Sorry if taking advantage of my phone's capabilities messes you up..... no wait, I'm not sorry.

yea to be honest, if your situation is that rough where you need to use a cell phone as your internet, I don't blame you for doing what you're doing. Whatever it takes to put food on your table.

IanG

Reaction score
And Folks, to the left, you can see why Verizon is going towards tiered data plans now.

I understand it's unlimited, but when you're using 3-4+ GIGABYTES of data per month on a MOBILE network, sure it's unlimited, but yeah.....

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

yea to be honest, if your situation is that rough where you need to use a cell phone as your internet, I don't blame you for doing what you're doing. Whatever it takes to put food on your table.

agreed. your financial situation must SUCKKK if you have to use your phone as your ISP.