Tfng

rmsuplee

Reaction score
Hey, everyone. My name is Ryan and I'm technologically challenged. (Group responds) "Hi, Ryan."

I'm trying to get some new pics to transfer from my phone to my pc and the process is filling me with a sensation that must be a first cousin to road rage. I mean, for real? Is it supposed to be this hard? Or, am I just that stoopid? Or, am I missing something really simple. Well, I hope to find out while I'm here. (Group responds) "Keep coming back!"

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
First, welcome to the forums!

now onto your question.... are you connecting your phone to your PC with the usb cable or over wi-fi?

if you're using the usb cable, you need to enable usb mass storage mode on your device. (when you connect your phone via usb there will be a notification in the notification bar.... select that and then enable mass storage)

if you're using wi-fi you'll need a file explorer that can connect to shared folders... ie Estrongs File Explorer or Astro File Manager.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Follow Martin's instructions (USB) and the transfer is a very simple process.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App :wink:

OP
R

rmsuplee

Reaction score
when i conect via usb, I have four options
1.Charge only
2. HTC Sync
3. Disk drive (which is what I've chosen)
4. Mobile broadband connect

I don't see anything that asks me to enable usb mass storage

(still with the festering, road rage-like frustration)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
is your computer recognizing a removable storage device when you connect with usb?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you connect there should be a notification in your notification bar. Scroll the bar done and tap USB Connected. A new window will open and tap Turn on USB

OP
R

rmsuplee

Reaction score
when I connect, the PC recognizes my phone (Ryan Droid H:) and the sd card (removeable disk G:) seperately. Who knew? Thanks to you both for walking me through this, that numbing rage feeling is gone. Thanks.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
when I connect, the PC recognizes my phone (Ryan Droid H:) and the sd card (removeable disk G:) seperately. Who knew? Thanks to you both for walking me through this, that numbing rage feeling is gone. Thanks.
Glad you got it figured out!

More than happy to help...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the follow up and letting us know that your computer shows two separate devices. This may be helpful for future inquiries.