Texting Bug?

duderanch11

Reaction score
Many times when I am typing in a text, the screen suddenly jumps to the top of the chat dialogue, leaving the text I enter at the very bottom of the list. This is extremely frustrating when texting people where there are 200 texts in memory and I have to scroll all the way down the list to get back to what I'm typing. Anyone know what's wrong? Am I accidentally pushing something? I think it happens when I type quickly. I have an HTC Incredible

Thanks

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've not experience this particular issue but my sense is there a setting (key) that takes you to the top of the screen. What app are you using? Have you checked the settings?

OP
D

duderanch11

Reaction score
I just use the messages app that comes on the phone. There is nothing in the settings that has to do with text input, it is just notifications, phone storage and file size stuff. I can't find anything in the keyboard settings on the phone itself either, it's all about text prediction/correction, sound/vibration while typing, and calibration tool

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the Incredible but is there a keyboard setting that takes you to the top? Sorry, I do not have a better suggestion.

brockzw

Reaction score
I found a workaround on another Forum

Here's what to do when you get sent to the top of the thread:

Press the menu key
Press search
Press the back key
This should take you back to the bottom of the thread. No more scrollingdancedroid

Last edited: