text won't recieve or send images

flubberweegie

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy A13
Three phones and two providers later, when I text an image, the image will not attach. And when sent an image by text the image will not come through. When I first get the new phone, the image attachments work. Soon after, it won't. Is it the added apps doing this? Should I disable them one at a time? I have tried the settings changes recommended online. No joy. Any ideas?

Last edited:
OP
F

flubberweegie

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy A13
Well, I tried force stopping each added app, no change.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
What phone ? Service provider ? Maybe another app installed is causing but only way to find out is to use the phone from factory settings for a few days and then add back apps one at a time ...it's possible something is carrying over with your installs ...have you tried to remove SIM and reboot phone and try again ?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Could it be because your storage capacity is at its limit where it has no room for storing an image?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
F

flubberweegie

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy A13
What phone ? Service provider ? Maybe another app installed is causing but only way to find out is to use the phone from factory settings for a few days and then add back apps one at a time ...it's possible something is carrying over with your installs ...have you tried to remove SIM and reboot phone and try again ?

Current phone is Samsung Galaxy A13 but two previous Android phones also did this. Current provider is Mint Mobile but previous provider with the other phones was Pure Talk and had same issue. I highly suspect it is an app causing this. Thank you for the feedback, and for taking the time. I will report back with results.

OP
F

flubberweegie

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy A13
Could it be because your storage capacity is at its limit where it has no room for everything an image?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
According to the record of memory and storage on the phone, not. Thanks though.

OP
F

flubberweegie

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy A13
Well, I bit the bullet and reset my phone. Immediately texts started once again accepting img attachments. Then, I installed Textra and guess what? The imgs won't send. Even after making the native Google Messenger the default again, no images. After uninstalling Textra and installing a different third party text app, Pulse SMS, what do you know...imgs attach again. This is very interesting. I'm not done playing with this yet. News at eleven...

OP
F

flubberweegie

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy A13
Hmm. Now Messages is sending MMS and not SMS and I can't get it to stop doing that. YouTube recommend some settings changes but this was never needed before and these videos do not include Android 12. I'm feeling like these phones are made to waste your time...

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Awesome happy to see that it cleared up hopefully it does not come back