Text to voice issue while in car dock

eluphant2143

Reaction score
So I've searched through a good number of threads and hadn't found this problem (found the opposite, but not this problem for the Droid 4). I used the sample Driving task in the Smart Actions app to set my phone to announce when I got a text while it's in the vehicle dock. It worked fine for the first two or three times it was in the dock, but then it stopped announcing and played my standard message tone. I deleted the Smart Action and then replaced it and it worked until I removed it again. It's now back to simply playing my tone. I'm at a loss and I've been trying to figure it out for about a month so I'd appreciate any help or ideas.

Edit: I know it's not a major issue, but I've found it useful while driving (given that I don't use the droid for music in my car). I've checked the settings under language & input> text-to-speech output and only see one option beneath Preferred engine (Google Text-to-speech) and the radio button beside it is highlighted. If I check the settings for the engine, it only shows me the options of "General Settings," but after selecting that the only option that appears pulls up the open source licenses.

Theron

Reaction score
I know that my Droid 4 seems to be intermittent. Sometimes when it's in the car dock, it'll announce like it's supposed to. Other times, it just plays the ringer. I haven't really found a rhyme or reason to it.

Sent from my cheap Chinese tablet