Text messaging signatures?

iesous2

Reaction score
Anyone figured out how to put a sig in the text messages yet???

NickWgnr

Reaction score
If you download the Handcent app you can set a signature and have it applied to all your texts. And thats just 1 of the bagillion things you can do with it too! Haha, I was customizing it for like 3hrs yesterday. Its free, has downloadable font packs, customization of colors, layouts, etc... In short its amazing!

Wagner :motdroidvert:

DarthByza

Reaction score
It comes in handy when you text a girl you just met or maybe another you haven't talked to in quite awhile. Basically for anyone who doesn't have you programmed in their phone. Might sound a little weird but there are times it can be used. Will SMS PopUp do it? That's what I have and it works very well.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
Signatures are nice. Some people don't like them and some do. Its helpful for people to recognize where the message comes from (not everyone you message may have your contact listed on their phone).

But usually its just to add a personalized style to your messages. A lot of people write things in their signature that only their friends would understand, such as a inside joke.

I like signatures, but sometimes it makes it more difficult to edit my messages, depending on how the software adds it. (i like the signatureto automatically be added AFTER i finish writing my message and hit the send button).

I know the last verizon phone I had would have the signature already in the box you type in, so when I pulled my keyboard out the text marker would go to the end of my signature. That was so annoying because I had to move back to the beginning of my message to start writing, or my signature would be above my actual message.

However, thats not a problem with handcent as far as I know.

I don't see how signatures could hurt anything, so no reason to hate them.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't see a point them but I see less of a point in threadcrapping.

ezekiel2000

Reaction score
As someone already mentioned, handcent will do it for you.

As for the uselessness of it, I agree. You say not everyone may have your contact info and I agree, but you only need to let someone new know who you are the first time...not on every single message you send them for the rest of your life. Also the number of people I text and have texting me who I am not familiar with is FAR outweighed by the number I am familiar with...so it's highly redundant and annoying. That being said, the only person I know who uses a signature is my 11 year old nephew so I can forgive him for it! :)

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
maybe but its easier than telling everyone the first time who you are since the signature is automatic. We have signatures on this forum and on emails so they are not going anywhere.

As far as being annoying that is personal opinion. Obviously a lot of people like them.

texasely

Reaction score
HAndcent

I've been reading alot of the comments about handcent and they are not good! Each one states it starts out working great but then their text message begin taking at least a day to reach their destination.

Is there any other app that will add a signature to your text messages? I'm going to be using mine for business and it will help if people know who they are coming from.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
I've been reading alot of the comments about handcent and they are not good! Each one states it starts out working great but then their text message begin taking at least a day to reach their destination.

Is there any other app that will add a signature to your text messages? I'm going to be using mine for business and it will help if people know who they are coming from.

My family members have droid phones with handcent and I've never seen this problem either.

freeskier44

Reaction score
hm... i heard of a modified MMS.apk that has extra settings in it... I wonder if it has signatures...