Text messaging Question

snareman1

Reaction score
Hello,

Today I just switched from an Iphone4 to a Droid Razr.....

Now ive never used droid before so I am clueless on everything and I have a question about texting and notifications. I know on the iphone when a message comes in the screen lights up and it shows the message... On the droid razr it only vibrates or makes a noise when on loud. The screen doesnt do anything and sometimes i forget that a mesage came in. Is there anyway to change it so the screen lights up or anything? Once again be nice im totally clueless and new at this

Droid X Doug

Reaction score
Hello,

Today I just switched from an Iphone4 to a Droid Razr.....

Now ive never used droid before so I am clueless on everything and I have a question about texting and notifications. I know on the iphone when a message comes in the screen lights up and it shows the message... On the droid razr it only vibrates or makes a noise when on loud. The screen doesnt do anything and sometimes i forget that a mesage came in. Is there anyway to change it so the screen lights up or anything? Once again be nice im totally clueless and new at this

If you set up the Universal Messaging app (the one that looks like a mailbox icon in the bottom row of apps on the RAZR) to work with your text messages, you should get a blinking green notification light along with a message icon in the status bar across the top of the screen. You can drag down the notification bar to display a link to the messaging app to see the message(s). If you want a sound to play when messages are received, you need to go to the Settings app and make the appropriate selections for notifications.

Last edited:
OP
S

snareman1

Reaction score
I am asking if I can make the screen light up when a message is recieved