Text messaging issue

PGM95Z

Reaction score
Hi all

Droid 2 global, rooted, bloatware blocked.

The other day a friend sent me a MMS and for some reason it asked for a read receipt. I clicked ok, but the message failed to send. I later asked this friend why he even had that option on and he said he didn't. I have received MMS from this person in the past no issues.

Now every time I go to the txt message app I get a failed to send message notification. I have tried to delete any version of this but I still get the error message. I tried deleting entire conversation, went to contacts and deleted it out of both of our histories, and can't think of where else to look to fix it.

Any ideas on what could be causing this??

Thanks

wildbill86

Reaction score
You can't view qeue'd messages in stock app. Download handcent to view and delete. This should remove the notification.

Sent from my rooted D2G

OP
P

PGM95Z

Reaction score
You can't view qeue'd messages in stock app. Download handcent to view and delete. This should remove the notification.

Sent from my rooted D2G

Thanks, guess I'll do that. When using handcent I need to turn off the notifications in the stock app, correct?

OP
P

PGM95Z

Reaction score
I installed Handcent and was able to view the queue'd message and delete it. Not sure what caused the issue in the first place, but its fixed now. Thanks again

OP
P

PGM95Z

Reaction score
One more, probably dumb, question: Can I freeze the stock app now that I have handcent installed?

wildbill86

Reaction score
No, freezing the stock app will prevent multimedia messages from going through. All texting apps piggyback off the stock app.

Sent from my rooted D2G

OP
P

PGM95Z

Reaction score
No, freezing the stock app will prevent multimedia messages from going through. All texting apps piggyback off the stock app.

Sent from my rooted D2G

Cool, thanks. I turned notifications of the stock app off after installing handcent, no issues so far. :)

wildbill86

Reaction score
On mine I also had to use the stock app to set message count limit. I couldn't figure out why only 10 messages would be in each conversation, the stock app was only set to save 10 per conversation.

Sent from my rooted D2G

Reaction score
Hi all

Droid 2 global, rooted, bloatware blocked.

The other day a friend sent me a MMS and for some reason it asked for a read receipt. I clicked ok, but the message failed to send. I later asked this friend why he even had that option on and he said he didn't. I have received MMS from this person in the past no issues.

Now every time I go to the txt message app I get a failed to send message notification. I have tried to delete any version of this but I still get the error message. I tried deleting entire conversation, went to contacts and deleted it out of both of our histories, and can't think of where else to look to fix it.

Any ideas on what could be causing this??

Thanks

i had this exact same problem before. ended up having a verizon rep telling me to factory reset, so i did.

wildbill86

Reaction score
I spent 2 hours researching to find the fix.

Sent from my rooted D2G