Text messaging crashes and I loose my messages

rkoener

Reaction score
Twice now, my text messaging has crashed and I have lost all of my text messages. I get some error message, which I didn't write down, then it restarts messaging. Only now there are no messages in my history. Any thoughts?

OP
R

rkoener

Reaction score
speech to text
power manager
locale
anitvirus
MixZing lite
My Coupons
Sports Tap
Advanced Task Killer
Where
Advanced Task Manager
barcode scanner
bubble
pandora
shazam
backgrounds
documents to go
fartdroid
I music
Jewels
mabilo ringtones
missed call
open table
poke a mole
Labyrinth lite
quagmire soundboard
screen crack
step brothers soundboard
The big lebowski soundboard
the weather channel

Wow, I didn't realize I had so many until I started listing them.

OP
R

rkoener

Reaction score
Bump.

Anyone help with this today?

DroidGurl

Reaction score
I get a lot of "forced close" messages on mine. Others have reported the same, am hoping there will be a fix soon.

I noticed more issues the more apps I installed so I uninstalled pretty much everything and am trying to take installs slowly and note any differences in performance. I've seen users go back and forth on ATK. I had a lot of issues with it installed, probably due to the fact that I really didn't know what I was doing and closed most everything. Anyway, I uninstalled and a lot of my email issues went away. Not sure if it had an impact on SMS, I am considering Handcent myself to see if that helps with the force close messages.

JESSLYMK

Reaction score
For the force close message I found that it is when one of my message threads is above limit. I solved this by either deleting the thread or going to the settings under messages and changing the limit to a higher setting I have mine set for 300 messages 50 data. I have not had the problem since. But I also have not reached those limits.

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is a common issue that hopefully gets fixed in the near future.

JayMonster

Reaction score
I would really like to know how many people that are having this issue have Advanced Task Killer installed. It is only a theory, but I suspect that forcing closed apps that shouldn't be could have an adverse effect on the underlying data structures of apps like the Messenger.

I have read problems caused by ATK, and since Android does a decent job of handling tasks on its own, I allow it to do its own thing. With underpowered phones like the G1, I could almost understand it, but the Droid is fast and smooth enough to handle this all on its own.

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
I would really like to know how many people that are having this issue have Advanced Task Killer installed. It is only a theory, but I suspect that forcing closed apps that shouldn't be could have an adverse effect on the underlying data structures of apps like the Messenger.

I have read problems caused by ATK, and since Android does a decent job of handling tasks on its own, I allow it to do its own thing. With underpowered phones like the G1, I could almost understand it, but the Droid is fast and smooth enough to handle this all on its own.

I've had it since day 1. It's completely random and I have no idea what causes it. But the Verizon rep did show me a bulletin they received stating it's a known issue.

JayMonster

Reaction score
@jaysonstaurt I am not doubting you and others that say it happens. But with a G1 for about a year, and a Droid since day 1, I have had no problems. Am I lucky? Possibly. But there is some reason that some are seeing it more than others, and that is where I am wondering what effect ATK has.