Text Messaging App Missing After Adding RAZR M Launcher(Circle Widgets)

fenway310

Reaction score
after i installed Jelly bean 4.1.2 i was setting up the circle widgets and i installed the text app that is with the circle widgets and dummy me forgot to make a backup of that app so it wrote over it now the text app shows as it is not even installed. now sure where to go from here. I did a FDR and it still was not there. Is there anyway i can get this app to install? i have tried to install the JB one and also the Razr M one but no luck on either it just says APP NOT INSTALLED. Anyone have any ideas this is driving me nuts.
I am using some 3rd party one i downloaded for now. anyideas would be great because i am all out of them atm. thanks

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Not 100% clear on your issue but try going to settings - security and check "unknown sources" then try to install them again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
fenway310

fenway310

Reaction score
I shouold not have to do that i am installing a system app the default text app that comes with the razr. i have tried to put it in the system/app and install but no luck. Thanks for the quick reply

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Hmm, did you fix permissions then reboot when trying to put them in system app? Cuz theoretically you shouldnt have to install them, just place the apk in system, make the permissions and owners match and reboot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

cookin83

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I think if I could get a copy of the origional Messaging.apk I could fix it. I just can't seem to find it anywhere.