Text Messages Take Forever To Send?

Relex

Reaction score
Up until today I really haven' had any issues with my droid other than the force close error every once in awhile. Well today I've been trying to text and it is taking 3-4mins for a text to be sent out. After it first started I had 2 texts going out to the same person and the phone just restarted itself. After those eventually got sent I tried restarting the phone myself and that didn't do anything. After it was still taking forever to send texts I turned it off and tried removing the battery for a few mins and it's still taking forever....

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Up until today I really haven' had any issues with my droid other than the force close error every once in awhile. Well today I've been trying to text and it is taking 3-4mins for a text to be sent out. After it first started I had 2 texts going out to the same person and the phone just restarted itself. After those eventually got sent I tried restarting the phone myself and that didn't do anything. After it was still taking forever to send texts I turned it off and tried removing the battery for a few mins and it's still taking forever....

First let me :welcome: you to the site!

What app are you using to send texts. I use handcent and have noticed sometimes t takes a minute to send or fails. I chalk it up to the network having heavy use since it's only once in a while. I could be wrong though :)

OP
Relex

Relex

Reaction score
I've been using the regular messaging and there wasn't any delay in sending texts up until this morning for some reason. After messing around a little bit more my phone would get really slow and laggy and eventually restart itself. I just tried doing a soft reset so hopefully that will fix this issue.

OP
Relex

Relex

Reaction score
The reset fixed everything but after reading another thread I'm pretty sure it was the anti-virus program that updated.