Text messages cut off

YOBZack

Reaction score
I am getting text messages on my RAZR M that are cut off. I know because I sent it to my phone crime my e mail its chopping off half of the text.

Any ideas why? What it is are directions to a fire hall so I can forward it to people that don't have smart phones with mapping available.

Any thoughts or ideas? I am just using the texting that comes with the phone. I changed 1 setting from size 250 to 400 didn't seem to make a difference in my text. And not real sure what this setting is in text message settings that I changed labels message limit. Maybe this is outgoing not real sure.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Is the keyboard in the way? Hit the (v) to get rid of it.
If it was sent from an e-mail program, maybe that is the problem. Try pinching the screen?

pdaniel219

Reaction score
You can also change the overall font size in settings > display > font size. Not sure if this will help at all, but it's worth a shot.

OP
Y

YOBZack

Reaction score
Thanks for the replays. Keyboard is not in the way.

In will try and make font size smaller and see what happens

Thanks again

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the message initiating from a phone or email? If from an email it'll get cutoff at 160 characters regardless, something in the Verizon way of doing things.
If it's from a phone it should separate into multiple messages. I'd check with the sender and make what it's sent from.
If it's coming from an email address I'd suggest have them send it to (your 10 digit phone number at vzwpix.com) .that'll make it turn into an mms message with a 1600 character limit.
Hope that helps

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
Y

YOBZack

Reaction score
Thanks it is coming from outlook. I'll have them try it to the pix one and see what happens smaller text didn't help

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Once you receive it as mms you should be able to forward it to any phone with mms capability.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
Y

YOBZack

Reaction score
Thanks for the idea moutainbikermark that appeared to do the trick send it to pix instead of txt.