text message threads won't delete

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
Im totally stock and using the stock texting app and threads well delete but they come right back but without text and will not fully delete. I've tried clearing message app data but nothing works. Btw people say clear app cahe but the messaging app doesn't have any cahe.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im totally stock and using the stock texting app and threads well delete but they come right back but without text and will not fully delete. I've tried clearing message app data but nothing works. Btw people say clear app cahe but the messaging app doesn't have any cahe.

I see you did not get an answer yet. I don't use text messaging much, but i did open the app and delete a conversation and it has stayed deleted. Some I've got nothing to offer there.

I would recommend possibly trying one of the 10,000 messaging apps in the market as an alternative. Perhaps you will have better luck that way?

Good luck.

OP
Dejuanxg

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
OK i took a screen shot of what is ways happening the ones that are coming back have a date of december 31,1969 i have already looked up that date and know what it means but solo no answer to the issue
View attachment 47309

pabowhunter

Reaction score
Wow, Are they just random text that u relieved ?????or are they sent text from you???? Never saw that before and in 1969 texting did not exist .... lol Im not making a joke out of this but it's a bit funny.. I have also been trying to research that and found nothing on the topic... I was hoping to help..

pabowhunter

Reaction score
Think I found a way to fix it... Google December 31 1969 and you will see it has happened to many people and why also how to correct it... Hope that helps

OP
Dejuanxg

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
They are messages I've sent and sine verzion has sent but i have found others having the issue but i see no fix in site.

OP
Dejuanxg

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
Why but just post here and tel me how because I've already searched Google. And my phones time and date are already correct!

OP
Dejuanxg

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
Ok guys after searching and searching with no answer in site i seem to have found a fix in my own.
I went ahead and broke down and hid the delete all threads button and now the issue seeks to be gone i hated to delete some of those messages tho.

ozzy6900

Reaction score
Simply go to the Android Market and download History Eraser and have it delete all SMS messages. This solved my problem (blank messages dated 12/31/1969)