Text message error

ssimon03

Reaction score
Every time I receive a text or hit the text icon, a message with an X through it appears on the notification bar and when I drop down the tab, I says my message didn't get sent (even if I didn't send one) and to click it to view, but when I do it boots me off whatever page I was currently on and tells me my message was unavailable. It goes away when I clear the notifications, but still annoys me. What could the problem be? Thanks in advance.

Shawn

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen it when you get the message and you tap on the drop down and the message is gone. I click the back button and message is back. The rest of your issue I'm not quite understanding.

kingwaffle

Reaction score
Speaking of text messages, anyone else notice that when you click to bring up a thread of messages, on occasion it'll pull up the one you didn't mean to tap?

I've sent a handful of messages to people I didn't click on.

kenny0101

Reaction score
notification-- text message not sent-- tap to view message, then when you tap it, "message not available". i can clear out the notification, but it will come back.

luk3

Reaction score
I keep getting the same error. It continues to inform me that I have messages that aren't sent but it will never show me any of the messages. I read somewhere that installing handcent would help solve the problem but it keeps crashing my phone. Does anyone know how to fix this annoying problem

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Every text I send I get the error code 65535 and his other error action error 3 any idea what's this mean ? All a sudden...FYI I'M NOT ROOTED AND AK COMPLETELY STOCK I REBOOTED PHONE AND PULLED BATTERY and is still happening ....also no gingerbread

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForum

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Every text I send I get the error code 65535 and his other error action error 3 any idea what's this mean ? All a sudden...FYI I'M NOT ROOTED AND AK COMPLETELY STOCK I REBOOTED PHONE AND PULLED BATTERY and is still happening ....also no gingerbread

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForum

Did a factory reset seems to have fixed it

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

K_Quinn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
Did a factory reset seems to have fixed it

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Believe me it will keep doing it! From what Verizon told me its a common problem.. But you can do a battery pull to temporarily fix the problem. At least that works for me.

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Its happening again...called vzw and they are investigating it ! Well see ...if not they said they will replace it ! any thoughts>?

K_Quinn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
Its happening again...called vzw and they are investigating it ! Well see ...if not they said they will replace it ! any thoughts>?

I'm just going to assume they didn't tell you this is a common, on going problem did they? GB is 'supposed' to fix it according to the guy I spoke with at HTC.
Replacing the phone with a Certified Replacement will not help, it will only be a pain b/c you have to customize the phone all over again.
I have noticed that I get this message the most when I am texting a few people at once, and not really giving my phone a chance to catch up. Other than that it's just random. I will just forward the message to the person it was supposed to go to. Also, if I get a call or another message at the same time I'm sending a message I will ALWAYS get it back with that error code.