text blocking app?

captcharger

Reaction score
Anyone know a good text blocking app that wont try and take over my phone. I just need the app to block texts. Nothing else. I loaded mr number and now i deal with it wanting to run my texting and phone calls ect.

JFrawls

Reaction score
Are you simply tring to black list a single number... or are you trying to completely turn off text messages for the device?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DF captcharger. It sounds like you want to turn off all texts until you are ready to take the time to go through them. If that is the case, you could turn off all notifications and pop-ups. Your texts will still be delivered but you won't know it til you open the text app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
C

captcharger

Reaction score
Someone i dont want having the ability to contact me. They kept texting me every night around midnight. I have to get up at 4 am. I can block their calls but nit their texts.

I would rather get an app thsn pay my phone provider 5 bucks a month.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I am sorry... that is not right. Let me see if go sms has that ability. Be right back.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, go sms, you can block someone. It is under security settings, manage blacklist.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you want to block phone calls and text messages all together just block it online from Verizon. You can block 5 numbers for free for 90 days at a time.

Trust me I have two bill collectors and an ex-wife on there, it works never hear from any of them. :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Just one more new thing I learned today... both from Sydman. Thanks!

OP
C

captcharger

Reaction score
Will go sms just run quietly in the back ground or is it going to pop stuff up when my friends text

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Should run quietly in the background.

JFrawls

Reaction score
Most if not all of the SMS apps on the market have the ability to block a certain number from Texting you. I think Avast mobile security has the ability to block calls and texts from anyone you'd like.

So you definitly have some options, and can certainly accomplish what you are looking to do.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Wished i was with verizon

Oh sorry, I assume most are on Verizon since this forum is for Verizon Androids. I should not do that, then I would check out GoSMS like Tis suggested. I used that program for awhile and liked it quite a bit and even blocked a number or two with it.

OP
C

captcharger

Reaction score
I just found this forum by doing a search. Didn't realise it was a verizon forum. Also i hate the way the auto spell works on this thing wished it was more like my old galaxy. Anyway its turned off so any miss spelled words i am sorry for. This thing is so sensitive its like i can just glance at a letter and it inputs it

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
No problem captcharger. We are very familiar with Verizon services but also very very familiar with Android, so we can still help out.

Very funny last statement... these phones can be a sensitive bunch. Sometimes they do things without us looking, lol!