tethering to windows 8

88droid3

Reaction score
Has anyone try to tether to windows 8 yet? If so was there any problems. I am running ICS on a Maxx.

Thanks for any input

ScarBod

Reaction score
Has anyone try to tether to windows 8 yet? If so was there any problems. I am running ICS on a Maxx.

Thanks for any input

I'm running the normal Droid Razr with ICS, and I can't even (haven't played much yet though) to get my Windows 8 Enterprise system to recognize the phone when I plug in the USB. The phone senses it's charging; however, when I go to the tethering & mobile hotspot options, the phone also states USZB not connected

OP

88droid3

Reaction score
I sent an email to Motorola and this is the reply I received from them a couple day s ago.

Even though as of the moment we don't have prior information as to when the option for windows 8 tethering is available, I will forward your feedback to our software developers and engineers and hopefully they will find a resolution for this.

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
To be expected for an OS that is not released yet, I am sure things will roll around after more companies get hands on it.

I am booting up a Windows 8 VM today for work, I can test it and see what happens over here but expectations are not high.