Tethering Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZarRoc827

Reaction score
So basically what I want to be able to do is hook up my Droid to my computer (I don't really care if its with the cable.) and then download torrents. I tried this before using Pda net but it just looses connection everytime I open Utorrent. Now here are my questions:
1) Is this possible? If so, how?
2.) Can I do this without rooting my droid?

I guess I don't really mind rooting it, but thats the main thing I want my droid to be able to do, is just let me able to DL. (I can't do it through the network I am at, as its a Universitys Network, and it wont let you.)

Moondonkey

Reaction score
He is talking about using a different BT program.

also,

I wish you would think twice about downloading torrents over your phone. That kind of network activity is said to be what raises red flags on your account and makes Verizon crack down on tethering.

You have a laptop? Find a coffee shop or etc that is wide open and grab your torrents there while you study. You get your goods + you study more!

Just a thought,

OP
Z

ZarRoc827

Reaction score
Haha, the only problem with that is the nearest coffee shops are all ASU's. I just wish there was someway to use ASU's network without getting caught.

Moondonkey

Reaction score
I have spent some time on the ASU campus, and unless something has changed you are surrounded by some of the best looking college babes anywhere. I suggest you go chase some tail not torrents lol:icon_evil:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This thread really opens up a lot of grey areas, tethering plus using it for torrents. Based on that, I'm going to close this thread up.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
agreed.......let's take this convo to PM fellas...or email...

Status
Not open for further replies.