Tether your Eris thread (2.4mbps conncetion)

G

Grimster

I have successfully tethered my Eris using PDAnet for 2.4mb/s connection. Works great and its fast.

Got speedtest.net score of 1.38mb/s down and .76mb/s up. Pretty decent for my area (NYC)

Please dont post about Verizons terms and conditions. They dont care if you tether as long as you dont go crazy and download like 10gb/month. Yes I used to work for Verizon in the NRB (Network Repair bureau).

michaelg589

Reaction score
Ok so im a big Newb. how do i do this? I recently bought my first lap top and i said i would get a smart phone that i could tether with later. Now i have the Eris and I'd really like to figure this out.... without having to pay that BULLSHIT charge from verizon to tether.

goathog02

Reaction score
Ok so im a big Newb. how do i do this? I recently bought my first lap top and i said i would get a smart phone that i could tether with later. Now i have the Eris and I'd really like to figure this out.... without having to pay that BULL**** charge from verizon to tether.

Just download it from the Android Market. Once installed, it walks you thru the configuration steps.

Audioslavery

Reaction score
How about for Mac owners? Any solutions yet? PDANet only functions on 2.0 for bluetooth (go figure) so I can't use PDANet til 2.0 at least.

emspins

Reaction score
im thinking about getting this phone through verizon and tethering is a very attractive feature for me since i cant afford internet at my house. with verizons plan, do you have to pay the 1.99/per meg when you tether, unless you have the "unlimited" plan thats like 99 bucks?

DFA1

Reaction score
Anyone get tethering to work on the Eris? I tried pdanet but am having problems. I have 64bit windows 7 and the usb driver says to put the Android device into usb debugging mode, how do I access this mode? I can't see it in any of the Eris's settings.

josborne06

Reaction score
I got my eris working with PDAnet. I have windows 7 64 bit also. you need to go to the PDAnet site and download the program. they have a option for x64 vista/ 7 download this one. you will also need to turn on USB debugging. to do this go to settings>applications>Development>USB debugging. After installing the program it should work great. I'm getting faster speeds thru my phone tethered than do my actual ISP.

ShiftBreak

Reaction score
This was the first thing I did when I got my phone. Works great and is surprisingly fast.

buschbarber

Reaction score
Easy Tether and Eris

This was the first thing I did when I got my phone. Works great and is surprisingly fast.
I am using the W7 64bit version of Easy Tether Lite, which I downloaded from the Market. My connection keeps breaking, randomly, after a few minutes or sometimes 15 minutes. I hear the Alert Notification sound and when I wake up the phone, it looks like App Killer has been run or some other app. I relaunch Easy Tether, press on All Systems are Working, then go to W7, right click on Easy Tether icon in the System Tray, and click on Connect to Android. Now my connection is back for a short time.

fingaz

Reaction score
nm... spoke too soon! works greats. thanks!

heres what i got from speedtest.net on my eris
.69 mb/s down
.36 mb/s up
92 ms ping

def a little slower than my home wireless:

18.69 down
5.16 up
10 ping

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have successfully tethered my Eris using PDAnet for 2.4mb/s connection. Works great and its fast.

Got speedtest.net score of 1.38mb/s down and .76mb/s up. Pretty decent for my area (NYC)

Please dont post about Verizons terms and conditions. They dont care if you tether as long as you dont go crazy and download like 10gb/month. Yes I used to work for Verizon in the NRB (Network Repair bureau).

Yeah tethering is nice, i get good speeds, just tested earlier and was getting 2mb down and about 900kb up, only thing that's bad about it is just the ping, for most that doesn't matter, but yeah i was at like 325ms ping.