Testing Flash..some like it and others don't

nateccnn

Reaction score
I keep reading posts about Flash. Funny...a few months ago everyone was salavating over Flash. I've always said it's just a big battery burner. Alas...2.2 comes out and the first thing I install is Flash cuz my chin was soaked with drool. LOL

I'm leaning towards not liking Flash. But I hear people saying it works fine on their phone. But are we all testing it the same? There are some sites where Flash works fine on my phone. Irronically my site is one of those. I won't shamelessly plug my business...you'll have to figure it out yourself if you want to see flash without any skipping...LOL

But here's a good test to see if it works seamlessly on your phone. Go to abc.go.com and click on full episodes, then click on LOST, then click on "The End, Part 2". Now set your phone down and wait for the show to begin. Tell me how long you wait before giving up. I couldn't make it past 15 minutes. I will say that they have a pretty good little "Loading" graphic that never hangs.

If that show plays for you then I know I have a problem on my phone. If so, I will promote Flash from this point forward.

Nate

wdprice3

Reaction score
which device? and as with any new OS/capability, there are bound to be bugs.

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
which device? and as with any new OS/capability, there are bound to be bugs.

Good point. I am running FRG22d rooted and oc'ed to 800 with the stock klernel on a Droid (the original Droid by Motorola).

Yesterday I installed P3Droid's kernels...first the 250 to 1000 then the 125 to 1000 then the 125 to 1200. None of those kernels worked with the episode mentioned above. I went back to the stock kernel because all the P3Droid kernels were causing lagginess on my phone. Before FRG22D I could run any P3Droid kernel on my phone without issues. I know every phone is different which is why I keep a directory full of various kernels. But right now the stock kernel is working best for me.

Nate

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I keep reading posts about Flash. Funny...a few months ago everyone was salavating over Flash. I've always said it's just a big battery burner. Alas...2.2 comes out and the first thing I install is Flash cuz my chin was soaked with drool. LOL

I'm leaning towards not liking Flash. But I hear people saying it works fine on their phone. But are we all testing it the same? There are some sites where Flash works fine on my phone. Irronically my site is one of those. I won't shamelessly plug my business...you'll have to figure it out yourself if you want to see flash without any skipping...LOL

But here's a good test to see if it works seamlessly on your phone. Go to abc.go.com and click on full episodes, then click on LOST, then click on "The End, Part 2". Now set your phone down and wait for the show to begin. Tell me how long you wait before giving up. I couldn't make it past 15 minutes. I will say that they have a pretty good little "Loading" graphic that never hangs.

If that show plays for you then I know I have a problem on my phone. If so, I will promote Flash from this point forward.

Nate

There i believe was a news article on this, they have kinda updated the specs you should have to fully utilize flash, which if you are running stock motorola droid then it may not be enough. They want a 800Mhz processor now. For people who are stock, that poses a small problem, but for those who are rooted, it poses very little problem. Most i've seen running root are around 1Ghz, and it seems to run much better there, so it kind of is your phone if you have a stock droid, like me. While I can run smaller flash objects fine, bigger items aren't easy.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/78367-adobe-kills-flash-milestone-droid.html