Temple Run now Available on Android!

joemeigs8

Reaction score
I have it on my RAZR. Downloaded the apk and it works fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

walkerstempe

Reaction score
On my Bionic?
Forget about it.
Not compatible it says.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I sideloaded it on my bionic and it seemed to work pretty well, despite the incompatibility warning on the play store. Only played it for the intro run though, so there might be glitches I just haven't seen yet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

josh1980

Reaction score
So can anyone explain why it's not compatible? Is it a hardware or software issue? If I install ICS4BIONIC and sideload Temple Run will that work or is it an architecture issue? I'm thinking architecture issue since someone posted a link to a ARMv7 and v6 version...

josh1980

Reaction score
I saw where a guy on droid life said:
"I Googled Temple Run apk on my Bionic and downloaded it from 4 shared and it runs perfectly."

So I tried it, and it ran great for me too.

It looks like someone added their own advertisements to the game when it opens and closes. I don't recommend you use the 4 shared if you are concerned about the stuff that was added.

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Here's a reliable apk link, pulled from /data/app and uploaded myself. http://db.tt/GlZy9mNy

Sent from my BAMF'd Thunderbolt

JoeyJ

Reaction score
Working on my inc2 but funny thing was it didn't come up when I searched so I used the link in op and it came up and downloaded fine. Now it comes up when I search maybe cause its already downloaded but whatever this game is awesome.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

josh1980

Reaction score
trter10, Thanks for the upload!

Using SHA-256 I was able to figure out that the version that is all over the internet and forum has a SHA-256 of D42E8799FA7B43365E0390BC7F27B3718EF7DF366D873F8F1A439BAFCBBB60EC. This includes the version trter10 posted for us.

The version that is available for download at temple run v1.0.0_2.apk - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download is NOT the original game. For me, it crashes just as much as the original game, but displays an ad when the game is opened and closes. I assume someone is trying to make a few bucks off of people dumb enough to use it. I highly recommend against using this version on your phone.

As for the alleged Armv6 and Armv7 versions at Temple run apk for armv6 and armv7 - xda-developers the ARMv6 version does NOT match the "original version". The ARMv6 has a SHA-256 of 5537A1464D187FC72E8314145595D687E12733638C06FC0C9D6739FBC720330D, so it has somehow been modified. I don't have an ARMv6 phone, so I can't vouch for what may be different in it since I didn't install it. Of course, since it is modified from the original game its a "use at your own risk". The interesting part is the ARMv7 version is identical to the "original" game. I can vouch that the Armv7 version that is floating around crashes just as much as the google play download too.

So basically, don't bother downloading anything from the forums that might be "hacked" or "modified" to work better on the Bionic because there doesn't appear to be any modified versions of temple run that are actually more compatible with the Bionic.

Guess it just goes to show you that you can't always trust what people post. If you want to play it and are willing to deal with the crashes, I'd go with trter10's download since it is the original. There's several on mediafire that are the original, and if you download one of the other ones I'd verify the SHA-256 before you install it.

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Wow! Nice work! Also, there is a phising game on market called temple run, imangi studios has a caps M on that one

Sent from my BAMF'd Thunderbolt

josh1980

Reaction score
Update.. I installed the trter10 version on my phone(Bionc) and it wasn't working so well. I gave up after just a few games due to the random crashing. About 3 hours ago I got an update for Temple Run from the market and the game is MUCH more stable. It crashes occasionally, but I have been playing for several hours.. phone is charging since I drained the battery playing the game.

If you have a Bionic and want to play this game I recommend you install trter10's link and then go to the market and get the update. Game is fairly playable now! Woohoo.