Tell me if I'm wrong

greyghost04

Reaction score
As far as I can tell our Droids and the Droid X wont be able to take advantage of LTE when it is rolled out in a few months. Why are people buying the Droid X when in just a few months they could get a phone that works on the new system?

I'm pretty dissappointed in Droids 3g. I'm in downtown Chicago, across the street from Sears Tower(old name). I'm pretty sure there are cellular antennas up there. My 3g is kinda slow when I get it and usually it goes to 1x. Walked into a Sprint store across the street and tried out their 4g. It's a jet plane compared to our family car (Droid). I can't wait for LTE, but still have 12 months left on my Droid contract. By then I'll probably have many choices for Android phones from Verizon that work on the LTE network.

Am I right or wrong?

Darkseider

Reaction score
You are correct no LTE for the Droid or Droid X and more than likely the Droid 2.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why are people buying the Droid X when in just a few months they could get a phone that works on the new system?
Link? Official release date?

That's why. Live by the rumor, die by the rumor. Seems like people would understand this by now. I can't think of any Android devices that Verizon has confirmed will be shipping with LTE in a few months.

Even if there were, there are many that aren't willing to be on the bleeding edge considering that some companies apparently think that their early adopter customers are beta testers.

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty dissappointed in Droids 3g. I'm in downtown Chicago, across the street from Sears Tower(old name). I'm pretty sure there are cellular antennas up there. My 3g is kinda slow when I get it and usually it goes to 1x.

I had similar problems last time I was in CHI. Had a terrible reception on a call walking down Michigan Ave. Very disappointing. VZW has been so good everywhere I've been and I used to live in CHI and had no problems (just a regular 'ol dumb phone, though).

In regards to your other question, for people not living in a major city, it will be some time before they get LTE, so still makes sense to upgrade now.

Last edited:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Link? Official release date?

That's why. Live by the rumor, die by the rumor. Seems like people would understand this by now. I can't think of any Android devices that Verizon has said will be available with LTE in a few months.

Yeah, I thought I read a blurb that LTE rolls out for wifi mobile late in the year, and first LTE handsets come out in Q1.

OP
greyghost04

greyghost04

Reaction score
Thanks for all the insights. You all make valid points.