Teeny, Tiny Question--Voice Mail

kimosgirl

Reaction score
After several suggestions a week or so ago I did take my MotoDroid to Verion to 'fix' (read: 'wipe' the phone') the inabiity to answer incoming calls. In spite of the extremely rude 'NO customer service' rep it was fixed and I'm a happy camper. Many thanks to those who suggested it--it wasn't quite as scary as I expected since I didn't lose much.

The Teeny, Tiny question of the day: Before the 'wipe' of my phone, I was able to go directly into voice mail (after the *86) without putting in my password (the one I always forget). Now I don't remember how I did it but it was very handy. Anyone know?

From Verizon support:

Is there a way to access my Voice Mail messages without having to enter my password each time?

"Yes, by reformatting the Voice Mail number on your device to automatically include two pauses and your password. Once you’ve made this change, you won’t have to enter your password in order to listen to your Voice Mail messages."

Adding a pause to voicemail - Motorola Droid (A855)

Last edited:
go to settings> call settings> voice mail settings> voice mail number> *86,,XXXX#

replace the X's with your pin number and when you press the new voice mail icon next time it will dial *86, pause for 2 seconds, dial your pin and then a pound all automatically.

Droid2 won't dial voicemail password

I have been trying to get my Droid2 to automatically dial my voicemail password. I followed the Verizon instructions to edit the voicemail number by inserting a pause after the *86 and then entering my password followed by #.

When I call voicemail, the Droid is apparently not sending the password. I keep getting prompted to enter my password. If I type in my password, I get into my voicemail.

Any ideas on what else to try?

Back