Technophobe question....Beautiful Widgets and skins

qqqqqqqman

Reaction score
Just want to head off any issue when I download / install Beautiful Widgets and a new skin...

When I change skins, does the stock clock "go away" on the lockscreen? Or does it show on the new skin and I have to do something to remove it? If I need to do something, what?

And then...do I install Widget Locker to add things (like a new clock) to the lockscreen?

~Thanks for any help~

harrellj

Reaction score
The clock on the lock screen is completely separate from Beautiful Widgets. If you change anything with Beautiful Widgets, it doesn't not affect that clock at all. Widgetlocker allows you to create your own lock screen (in essence). You can put your own clock widgets onto it (like Beautiful Widgets) but you can put any other widget onto it as well. Widgetlocker also has various slider choices you can use if you don't like the stock option or want to change styles.

OP
Q

qqqqqqqman

Reaction score
Then after I change skins, HOW do you eliminate the stock clock from the lockscreen?

I'm thinking I would want to put the same BW clock on the lockscreen that I choose for the home screen.....

harrellj

Reaction score
The only way to change anything on the lockscreen is to do so with an app that will modify it (widgetlocker is just one of them).

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Kinda a newbie question here but would you have to be rooted to use widgetlocker or an app to modify the lockscreen? Edit I answered my Own question but widget locker is a perfect lockscreen app. I just wish it had a way to disable the haptic feedback from when you less the touch screen keys

Sent from my D2

OP
Q

qqqqqqqman

Reaction score
I'm new, too....but "NO" you don't have to be rooted. Not that I know how to do that :rofl2:

harrellj

Reaction score
Kinda a newbie question here but would you have to be rooted to use widgetlocker or an app to modify the lockscreen? Edit I answered my Own question but widget locker is a perfect lockscreen app. I just wish it had a way to disable the haptic feedback from when you less the touch screen keys

Sent from my D2

Haptic feedback is disabled in the phone's settings.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?