Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The title basically speaks for itself...
Will you be using some or all of your tax refund to purchase a new tech item this year?

Personally I'm looking to replace the speakers in my home theatre setup. I upgraded my receiver last year and decided it's time to replace my speakers. Living in an apartment I can't go too crazy, so I want to keep my spending between 6-8 hundred dollars. Being that I've got a decent sub and receiver already, I've got my eye on some Klipsh Quintet series speakers. Great for smaller rooms and they got excellent reviews.

So what are your plans for your tax refund? Do you have a tech purchase in mind? Please share in the comments below.

S5 tap'n

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I don't get refunds. I have to pay. :(

If I did get refunds, I'd get a new Android head unit for my car.

I wish they made a head unit that has Android Auto and Car Play in it.

I'm not buying anything this year. We are paying off all credit cards and investing the rest.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My refund is on its way, but I have to amend and will have to send some back. Once that's done and I know what I'm actually allowed to keep, it'll pretty much go to finish paying off my car. Even with having to give some back, I should be able to zero that balance out.

If, HUGE if, I somehow end up with enough leftover after that, the only thing I've really even kinda thought about tech-wise is the Gear VR, but I'm still not convinced it's worth $200 for me personally. If I've got that money, it's likely better spent elsewhere. I likely won't have to worry about that anyway though.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I would really like an updated MBP, but the one I have is still a beast. That being said since I never boot into OSX on it (Win8 ftw) I would probably just run with a better, cheaper Windows bBox.box.

OP
cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, I don't usually get back very much, but I do like to adjust my withholding about half way through the year just so I get back a little bit. It was just under 1800 this year, so we usually use half for bills and the other half for a new gadget or to put in our vacation fund.

S5 tap'n

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Oh crap I'm a (bleep)......*blushes*

Last edited by a moderator:

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I want a smart watch......or maybe some beats or something....

Reactions: cr6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I always hold back a bit from both state and federal. Think it's like $5-10 for state and $20 for federal, but I honestly can't remember.

I figure that way I get something back. Still, getting married in May means using what little I do get for responsible things.

OP
cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I like TurboTax!
I always use H&R Block....It's free for both State & Federal. (For my state at least) Usually Federal is free with all tax programs, and most charge between 10-15 bucks for State. But hey....that's 10 bucks in my pocket.

Finally gotten used to paying state taxes here in ID....didn't have to in FL and that was nice while it lasted.

S5 tap'n

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I always use H&R Block....It's free for both State & Federal. (For my state at least) Usually Federal is free with all tax programs, and most charge between 10-15 bucks for State. But hey....that's 10 bucks in my pocket.

Finally gotten used to paying state taxes here in ID....didn't have to in FL and that was nice while it lasted.

S5 tap'n

It's still lasting! I'm not paying State taxes in Florida :p

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I actually pay for TurboTax. Ensures I go through every option available to me. I actually got an etxra $39 this year for putting in my landlord's info because property tax is paid on our house. That didn't work last year. I got nothing for it.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I want a smart watch......or maybe some beats or something....
Do yourself a favor and research other comparable headphones when considering beats. I have the Wireless Studios and am disappointed in them.

*Your sound tastes may vary.

OP
cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Didn't TurboTax recently get hacked? Something like 19 states affected with a delay in getting returns processed?
Not to alarm anyone of course....obviously it can happen anytime to any company....I was just wondering if anyone heard or had their state affected?

S5 tap'n