task manager

michelle4439

Reaction score
So please help me. I did the ICS update on my phone a couple of weeks. Did the task manager that came on the phone disappear?! I can't find it. It helped my battery so much. Now my battery is awful. I don't use the smart actions but I did use the task manager that came on the phone to kill lot of apps. Please help. Thanks!!

OP
M

michelle4439

Reaction score
Also my yahoo email will not sync since ICS update unless I manually update it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.

jtc303

Reaction score
Use smart actions.. not doing so is not smart.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So please help me. I did the ICS update on my phone a couple of weeks. Did the task manager that came on the phone disappear?! I can't find it. It helped my battery so much. Now my battery is awful. I don't use the smart actions but I did use the task manager that came on the phone to kill lot of apps. Please help. Thanks!!

Yeah ICS took away the native task manager they had before, some are definitely not happy with that. I would say smart actions could pick up the slack from the task manager and help with battery life.

I can't help you with Yahoo sorry, I just log into the website to check that account once a month or so because it is really no longer used. When you go under accounts in the settings page is everything set to sync as it should?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Yeap, the stock task manager is gone with ICS. I never had any luck with it...probably because I had an app or non-stock launcher installed that interfered with it. Smart Actions is a good alternative and will generally improve your battery life. There is also an app on Google Play called Juice Defender (free and paid version). I've used it before and found it to be more comprehensive than SmartActions (greater ability to control what runs and when). The paid version gives more options and control than the free. What ever you decide to try out don't use a 3rd party task manager/killer...they generally will use more battery than they save and will usually cause other undesired behavior.

jrpbulk

Reaction score
@michele if you are trying to shut apps down or disable them that feature can be done under "managing apps" If you hard press an app name i believe options come up where you can disable an app.

For bloatware apps like NFL Mobile you might have to uninstall the updates then go back in to disable it.

Hope that helps

williemac84

Reaction score
I want to disable some apps, but im scared lol, Can somebody post a screen shot of the apps they have disabled so i can copy it lol

jtc303

Reaction score
I want to disable some apps, but im scared lol, Can somebody post a screen shot of the apps they have disabled so i can copy it lol
Go through your list of your apps, any app that has a disable option can be disabled... there are even some that can be uninstalled without issue like Blockbuster, Madden12 and a couple others I think... as far as an entire list to freeze with TiBU, a quick google search should find you one..

jrpbulk

Reaction score

Will,

I assume you mean uninstall or disable bloatware like nfl mobile. Some you can outright uninstall others you can disable. If you are talking about system apps that. I can't help with.
Here's a view you asked for :
452f5867-9ad0-83c7.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

gafan

Reaction score
When I hold the home button my task manager doesnt come up is there another way to get to it? Does anyone know y it is doing this?

jseah

Reaction score
A long press on the home button doesn't bring up the task manager. It will only bring up the "recent apps" listing. But when that listing comes up, the bottom will show a link to the task manager though.

gafan

Reaction score
Therefore it would be the task manager and if you would have read I asked if there is another way to access it because my phone wont pull it up

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
What is exactly showing that it's not pulling up?
If you use a 3rd party launcher (I have Nova) you can create shortcut /activities and point it to task manager..

⚡Take Note2 BK's here.. ⚡

jseah

Reaction score
Therefore it would be the task manager and if you would have read I asked if there is another way to access it because my phone wont pull it up

You might get more help if you try not to be so rude.