Task manager alert?

Droid_Ritch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
So I was looking in my Google maps app for a couple of minutes then my notification bar randomly popped up saying task manager alert with a percentage going up and down ranging between 70 and 95% CPU usage. I find that amount to be an extreme amount of CPU usage. I click on the notification and it brings me to my list of running applications and there is about 7 running applications with a small amount of memory usage which I find normal because this is the settings automatically remembered for the phone to run these particular apps smoother.....but next to the list of running apps the CPU usage for each one said 0%.......I'm concerned with what that task manager alert means....if you have had experience with this help would be appreciated thank you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So I was looking in my Google maps app for a couple of minutes then my notification bar randomly popped up saying task manager alert with a percentage going up and down ranging between 70 and 95% CPU usage. I find that amount to be an extreme amount of CPU usage. I click on the notification and it brings me to my list of running applications and there is about 7 running applications with a small amount of memory usage which I find normal because this is the settings automatically remembered for the phone to run these particular apps smoother.....but next to the list of running apps the CPU usage for each one said 0%.......I'm concerned with what that task manager alert means....if you have had experience with this help would be appreciated thank you.

That's a new one! Please keep us updated if you find out what was sucking the life out of the processor. I didn't even know such a warning existed, but it's nice to know it's there. Now it's just finding the cause. Good luck.

OP
Droid_Ritch

Droid_Ritch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
yea it was very peculiar...first time to see something like that pop up. i dont know if maybe it was auto updates going on in the background or what but it was random cpu usage being sucked really bad i rebooted my phone and now it seems to be working fine.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
yea it was very peculiar...first time to see something like that pop up. i dont know if maybe it was auto updates going on in the background or what but it was random cpu usage being sucked really bad i rebooted my phone and now it seems to be working fine.

Good news. :happy3: Still, keep us posted if things go awry again.

OP
Droid_Ritch

Droid_Ritch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
So I just realized something....I would like to do a test and compare and contrast my results with someone else who also has a Razr. I have wifi on, have no apps signed in, data is disabled, background data is disabled......go to task manager within your applications list, go to settings within task manager and check the option that says display system/core processes. Go back to the process running list and see how much CPU usage your Android System is using....my usage ranges around 15-35% I want to know if someone has similar results or if my CPU is running too high....someone please help me on this it would be very much appreciated....also make sure that when you finally go to check the running percentage, you hit refresh.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
You should download an app called WatchDog. It allows you to monitor your CPU so you can stop apps that are using to much. That way you can kill an app before it causes the stock message. :biggrin: You really don't want to get to almost a hundred percent usage! ;)

OP
Droid_Ritch

Droid_Ritch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Yea monkeymouth mine stays right around 25% as well so good wanted to see if that was a normal amount and as far as getting a task killer rubikscoop.....the process that is taking up the largest amount of CPU usage is the android operating system itself...and I'm pretty sure its not a good idea to even try and attempt to kill that process

Last edited:

MonkeyMouth

Reaction score
Yeah I wouldn't touch that. Might cause a freeze.

BEAMED from my DROID RAZR!