Tap Fish

OP
mack19318

mack19318

Reaction score
Yes you can use root explorer to copy the file to your sd card and then alter it on your pc and then put it back.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

melnickmarc

Reaction score
Yes you can use root explorer to copy the file to your sd card and then alter it on your pc and then put it back.

OK, I payed for the root explorer app in the market and went to data/data/bayview.tapfish/download/store (mine actually shows the folder as stores not store) as described earlier in this thread. It told me that I needed to buy an sql editor of some kind (another $3) to edit the files.

I just copied the store folder to the SD card, but I can't see it when I put the SD card into the card reader on my computer. It' still hidden like it was before I go the root explorer program.

What do I do on my computer now?

OP
mack19318

mack19318

Reaction score
Go to androidsdev utube video I think there is a link to an sql editor. Also since the files are program files you might need to set you computers file options to be able to see program files. And when you copy the store.sql and move it to your sd card when you put it back you will need to over write the older store.sql.
Before you pay for an sql editor google it there are a bunch
That are free

melnickmarc

Reaction score
Go to androidsdev utube video I think there is a link to an sql editor. Also since the files are program files you might need to set you computers file options to be able to see program files. And when you copy the store.sql and move it to your sd card when you put it back you will need to over write the older store.sql.
Before you pay for an sql editor google it there are a bunch
That are free

I have an SQL editor on my computer. But it can't see the file on the SD card. How do I cange the file options like you suggest?

OP
mack19318

mack19318

Reaction score
In your folder options. Go to control panel, and then personalization and you should see it

melnickmarc

Reaction score
In your folder options. Go to control panel, and then personalization and you should see it

Thanks, I was able to find it with my SQL editor on my computer, but after editing it and overwriting the older store.sql it said "An unexpected problem has occored. Please check your network settings. Would you like to retry?"

So I deleted the tapfish app and reinstalled it to make sure that it was back to origional and I found an SQL editor to use on the phone instead of the computer. Then I copied the stores folder over to the SD card (the SQL editor can only see the SD card). I edited one of the fish to be cheaper (just to see if it wold work) and then after saving the edit I copied it and pasted it back to the origional folder and over wrote the origional. I'm still getting the "An unexpected problem has occored. Please check your network settings. Would you like to retry?" message.

OP
mack19318

mack19318

Reaction score
Ok uninstall, wipe davlik cache. Then reninstall and before using the app, edit the files. Instead of ever writing, just delete the old one and paste in the new file. Then try and open app. If that doesn't work try a reboot of your phone.

melnickmarc

Reaction score
Ok uninstall, wipe davlik cache. Then reninstall and before using the app, edit the files. Instead of ever writing, just delete the old one and paste in the new file. Then try and open app. If that doesn't work try a reboot of your phone.

GOT IT!!!!! THANKS!!!!

I don't know how to clear the dalvik cache. But deleting the file before reinstalling instead of just overwriting worked for me.

This was my first hack ever. Thanks for the help!

OP
mack19318

mack19318

Reaction score
Glad you got it!

laurababyy00

Reaction score
i have figured out that the more fish you buy and sell, the faster you can gain xp. i have leveled up 3 times in 2 days by buying fish, and then selling them. you also get alot of coins if you breed two different fish together then sell the off spring. hope this helps anyone looking for advice! you can also PM me with any questions at (personal email on public forum not allowed)