Take picture with camera button

iam8up

Reaction score
I am still on Froyo (latest VZW has to offer) on my Droid Pro.

I would like to be able to take the picture with the camera button. I have it opening the application with the button, that is in the Android menu.

Does anyone know if this can be done? If so, how?

google123

Reaction score
I haven't found a way using the stock app. There is an app called little photo that you can use and it allows the volume buttons to be used to take a picture. Might try that.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

OP
I

iam8up

Reaction score
Is it possible to fix it with the camera application included with the phone?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Is it possible to fix it with the camera application included with the phone?

No.

The button is designed to launch an app, not be used within an app. I've never come across anything that lets you alter that on the Pro.

Some third party camera apps will allow you to use some physical buttons as google123 noted. A few weeks back, Retro Camera+ was the free app of the day through the Amazon App Store. While you can't assign the shortcut button on the right side of the phone to take a picture, you can assign any of the keys on the keyboard to act as a shutter button. It works extremely well. I actually like that better than wanting to use the shortcut button because the keyboard is a more naturally reachable location. This only acts within that app and doesn't allow you to do it in the stock camera app included with the phone.