Tags, voice command, and camera problems.

karnie85

Reaction score
I changed back from launcherpro to the factory operating system and added a live wall paper. I connected my phone to my computer and when I unhooked it my camera keeps blacking out every other second. It has something to do with the location tagging. The tag just says "retrieving location" andwhen I turn it off the camera works fine. Also the voice command doesn't work anymore, I click on the microphone and it comes up for a second anthe turns off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kevinkar

Reaction score
First thing to do is to turn it off and back on and check. If ok, that's that.

Second thing to do is to turn it off, pull the battery out for a minute or two, replace it, turn on and check. If ok, that's also that.

If neither of those work, try them again. It appears to me that this will kick start issues most of the time and you can go on about your business.

I've also had luck with going to the application manager and shutting down most services and other running programs and THEN rebooting (turn off/on) or pulling the battery. Sometimes it seems like a reboot just doesn't clear out memory or fully close what's running.

Failing that, there's always a factory reset procedure you could try but that's a lot of work.

Hopefully one of these helps.

OP
K

karnie85

Reaction score
I tried all of those and it still has the sane issue. If I do a factory reset won't I lose all information on my phone? Is there any way to keep all the info and apps?

kevinkar

Reaction score
I ended up doing a hard reset after getting the 2.2 update and it was not as bad as I thought it would be.

Just make sure your contacts and data are backed up. Using the built in Backup Assistant will sync your contacts with your Verizon account and the fact you've used a Gmail account with the phone should have synchronized the contacts with your Gmail account. Any other accounts like Facebook will also sync when you enter in your info to those widgets.

Your data, saved games, etc. can be copied to a PC.

Then, after the hard reset, all that contact data should be automatically restored provided the accounts you use are the same. Then, supposedly all the apps you've installed from the Market should also automatically install (you want to be on Wi-Fi for speed) or you can simply install them fairly quickly provided you know which ones you want. When I reset it took me about a half hour to do that.

If you have some backup app, a lot of this could be automated but I just do my stuff manually and have never had a problem wasting time doing that. Your mileage may vary.

None of that is probably very reassuring but you could research it for an hour and maybe get a better feel for what to do.

Good luck.

OP
K

karnie85

Reaction score
Thanks I will try that when I get to a wifi spot.