Tablet/Phone Hybrid

djenks24

Reaction score
Anyone hear any news of a Tablet/Phone Hybrid coming to Verizon? I believe this would be a huge seller among the business crowd. Looked at the Dell Streak and would consider switching but T-Mobile service is terrible in my area.

kicker10bog

Reaction score
A device that you slide a phone into would be cool.

It could have a larger touchscreen like a tablet and essentiallyyirn the phone into a tablet. I think it could take off if it worked well. And it would possibly be cheaper than a tablet.

I haven't heard any talk of a company trying this though.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be interested in it. The Atrix doesn't that pop into a lap top? That's as close as it will get, I doubt very much someone is going to put a phone in a tablet.

kicker10bog

Reaction score
Yeah. I'm not impressed by the atrix dock but I do think a dedicated device that turns a phone into a tablet would be nice if it worked well. ... would be hard to do though.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
The only major difference between say the DX or TB and a tablet is a few inches in screen size....and I cant hardly see people wanting to use a 7-10in phone.

berbely

Reaction score
Anyone hear any news of a Tablet/Phone Hybrid coming to Verizon? I believe this would be a huge seller among the business crowd. Looked at the Dell Streak and would consider switching but service is terrible in my area.
Not sure about Verizon customized version, but tablet with phone is a great thing. hmm, it's a little pity there are not so many models supporting this function. Noticed one on a chinese site, seems not bad. Dreambook W7 Android Tablet

djonathang

Reaction score
djenks24,

I couldn't agree more. I'm am completely ready for such a device. I love the 5.3"-7" form factor. Just large enough to eliminate that "screen claustrophobia", but small enough to still carry around all the time. Being a wearer of loose fitting clothes, I can carry it in the pocket with no problem.

I began with that form factor way back in the 80's with the Sharp Wizard (long before the internet). If I could get this - maybe the Samsung Q? - I'll be one happy camper. I'll let my Droid X go, which I truly enjoy.

Cheers,

DG

ps....No, I'm not going to hold it to my head for phone calls, I'll use BT or a wired headset (folks like to disparage the form factor for that one reason. Silly)

Anyone hear any news of a Tablet/Phone Hybrid coming to Verizon? I believe this would be a huge seller among the business crowd. Looked at the Dell Streak and would consider switching but T-Mobile service is terrible in my area.