T-Mobile is Making Wall Street Nervous (Good News for Consumers)

rakumiazuri

Reaction score
I actually switched from Verizon to T-Mobile in November and I couldn't be happier. I pay about the same price but I get more for my money. And best of all my speeds are actually BETTER than I had when I was with Verizon, and I don't even live in a huge area that you would expect it from. Sure they definitely don't have the coverage that covers as much as Verizon, but I feel people are exaggerating and just echo the same thing because it's what people assume.

Funny you mention this. I jumped to T-mo back in June from VZW. I was worried that I wouldn't get service traveling. Over Christmas I drove from El Paso to Kansas City and if I didn't have 4G I at least had service. That's more than I can say for VZW which died on me twice.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I'm always a bit curious as to why Verizon always gets trashed on these sites? I've had them for years and have no issues at all. Service is great and prices are comparable to every other carrier and I have had sprint and t mobile. Never saved a penny on the other carriers and got way worse coverage. Sure Verizon doesn't have unlimited but I bet the vast majority of users do not need unlimited, of you do need it then Verizon is obviously not an option.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Now, they just need to make Verizon bring back unlimited for $30 a month and we'll be all set.

jspradling7

Reaction score
I don't like the way Verizon is locking the devices down but I'm happy with everything else about them. But it's their customer service that blows me away. I call, someone answers, they know what they're doing, and they really try to help me out. The person I speak to even sends me an email after the call so I can email that person back with follow up questions or changes. I never have to start the process all over again with someone different.

I don't think their pricing is out of line, but I have a grandfathered number. My personal share account has me and my wife on it. I have unlimited data on my number and she has 4gb on hers. We pay 162.00 a month for it. We are both out of contract now so we can switch whenever we want. I just haven't found a more desirable alternative to what we have now. I live near Houston so I always have excellent service. Our company uses the 25 device share plan with 50gb data and unlimited everything else. We pay 40 bucks per device (currently 23 active) and $375.00 for the 50 gb shared data and we never max it out. And tethering is included.

I know other folks don't have great coverage or grandfathered numbers, but I'm pretty happy with Verizon.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
The real issue is not whether Verizon has a great Network. The issue is whether or not you can get what you need at less expense. If TMo works where I am for the most part, it may be worth it for me to jump ship. If I can save 20, 30 dollars a month, then great. If however moving to another carrier, gives me worse service, then it's not worth it.

I was hoping the Nexus 5 would solve that issue by working on all carriers, including Verizon but NO. Then I was hoping the Moto X would do what the Nexus 5 didn't, but NO. I will not jump ship without a life preserver.

Currently the only phone that works on 3 of the 4 major US Carriers (including Verizon) is ...drum roll please...the iPhone.

How to Switch Carriers With Your New iPhone 5s Or 5c - Forbes

jamjr74

Reaction score
I feel the same way. I jumped ship to save a few bucks, get the nexus 5 and have unlimited data but was really disappointed with their network. In my area it is really spotty compared to Verizon. If it was even close I would have stayed in a heartbeat. Maybe it will improve in time with the new customer base.

squeak

Reaction score
I'm always a bit curious as to why Verizon always gets trashed on these sites? I've had them for years and have no issues at all. Service is great and prices are comparable to every other carrier and I have had sprint and t mobile. Never saved a penny on the other carriers and got way worse coverage. Sure Verizon doesn't have unlimited but I bet the vast majority of users do not need unlimited, of you do need it then Verizon is obviously not an option.

It's kind of like a person. I like some people even though they're a bit stingy and cheap, I like others despite the fact that they seem to have a "my way or the highway" mindset, and still others who may not have the best personal hygiene. I have friends who can be mean at times, some who don't show good sportsmanship, others who speak too loud while in a library. But, most people who have more than two or three of these characteristics I tend to avoid being friends with. To me Verizon is like one of those people, they have some good attributes, but lots of bad ones (price, insisting phones be locked down, limited selection of devices, and the execution of unlimited).

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
So long as they continue to put out commercials with Carly Foulks riding a custom painted Ducati 848, I am fine with it...

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I have been enjoying t mobiles coverage. In areas where Verizon would be 3 I get hpsa+ now. So much faster. At work and school I actually have better 4G. I pretty much never drop below hpsa+. I pay 50 less a month vs verizon due to unlimited.
My girl and I almost always used almost 6GB a month