Syncing your Corp Calendar w/Google....

BoxcuttaStyle

Reaction score
I just thought I'd share this in case there were others that were not aware. I have been unable to sync my corporate calendar with my Droid due to lack of a security policy from my employer. Recently I've just tried to add most things to my Google calendar manually.

Yesterday I came across something on accident. I had a off-site meeting and wanted to forward the address to my phone. I simply forwarded the actual meeting invite to my gmail account so I would have the address handy if needed. I actually didn't need to reference the email and made it to my meeting without any help. After sitting thru the meeting I noticed I had a calendar alert on my Droid. I was confused as I hadn't added this meeting to my Google calendar or my phone and I didn't have anything else scheduled for that time. When I looked at the actual alert it was for the meeting I was in.

Well it appears all you have to do is forward an Outlook meeting invite to your gmail account and the Google calendar updates automatically, without any input from the user. I thought this is pretty cool/easy way to keep your google calendar in sync with your corp account.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to share in case anyone else had a employer that wasn't able to sync to their Droid.

MHMcGrath

Reaction score
Thanks for the post! And I also observed that when sent as an invite from Outlook to Google Mail, it then asks Yes, No, Maybe in the Google Mail piece - and then the reply is returned to Outlook! All works very cool and efficiently. Great for group scheduling! Has anyone figured how to set a "calendar rule" in Outlook so ALL new appointments are handled this way? (a macro or script, perhaps?) This would avoid, in most circumstances, Google Calendar Sync entirely..

lschicky

Reaction score
I just thought I'd share this in case there were others that were not aware. I have been unable to sync my corporate calendar with my Droid due to lack of a security policy from my employer. Recently I've just tried to add most things to my Google calendar manually.

Yesterday I came across something on accident. I had a off-site meeting and wanted to forward the address to my phone. I simply forwarded the actual meeting invite to my gmail account so I would have the address handy if needed. I actually didn't need to reference the email and made it to my meeting without any help. After sitting thru the meeting I noticed I had a calendar alert on my Droid. I was confused as I hadn't added this meeting to my Google calendar or my phone and I didn't have anything else scheduled for that time. When I looked at the actual alert it was for the meeting I was in.

Well it appears all you have to do is forward an Outlook meeting invite to your gmail account and the Google calendar updates automatically, without any input from the user. I thought this is pretty cool/easy way to keep your google calendar in sync with your corp account.

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to share in case anyone else had a employer that wasn't able to sync to their Droid.

Yeah I've noticed this too. I was able to do this recently with my crappy windows mobile calendar, where I used their functions to schedule a meeting and send a meeting requests, it added it all properly to Google Calendar.

I <3 Google Calendar
UGh! 3 days till I get my droid! (got the dock & screen protectors already! thanks to a Verizon website sale)