Syncing POP3 & IMAP Email problems

Mugenakuma

Reaction score
For some reason my Earthlink, Hotmail and Yahoo email accounts do not sync every 5 minutes like I set them to. In fact they seem to not even check for email unless I open the email program and go into each accounts email inbox. Anyone have similar problems? Any help would be most appreciated.

OP
Mugenakuma

Mugenakuma

Reaction score
I have this problem when using 3g or wifi

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well at least for yahoo, you'll never get it to fetch on wifi (stated because it's a mobile site your trying to get to, it somehow tells from IP or something and will not let you connect) Do you use any app killers to kill certain programs?

OP
Mugenakuma

Mugenakuma

Reaction score
Yea I know about the Yahoo and wifi issue. Oh and I am using the Advanced Task Killer program.

rbarnes1230

Reaction score
I have this same problem using my hotmail account on my droid. I have it set to update every 10 min and it rarely seems to receive any emails unless I manually refresh the inbox like 5 times. I also have problems opening all emails that include attachments, not just the attachment, but the whole email itself.

I use advanced app killer but have my email accounts on ignore, so they never close.

Last edited:
OP
Mugenakuma

Mugenakuma

Reaction score
For a while everything actually started to sync but today I'm not getting ANY of my Earthlink or hotmail, regardless of how many times I refresh. I love this phone but this is not good. My old Palm Pre was more reliable with syncing email....

FNDelta

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with comast's pop3. I found switching to k-9 email app solves the problem with the mail not syncing.