Sync Email

RJG0217

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
I have the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and lately , I keep getting a notification "Unfortunately, Email has stopped."
I do not know why I keep getting this. Does anyone know why & how to stop it ? Thanks.

Attachments

• Sync Email.png
    Sync Email.png
    93 KB · Views: 204

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If you are using Gmail, they recently had an App update. I would make sure you have the latest version and see if the issue goes away.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I would assume that might be from the "email" app instead of gmail, since it doesn't say gmail, but I could be wrong.

What email service(s) do you have setup on the phone? Just gmail, or do you have yahoo, hotmail, aol, etc setup as well?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
If it's set up as IMAP any number of things could be going on like a problem with the server, poor connection, large attachment, bad header. Is it happening on data and/or WiFi?

OP
R

RJG0217

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
If it's set up as IMAP any number of things could be going on like a problem with the server, poor connection, large attachment, bad header. Is it happening on data and/or WiFi?
WiFi. It is the regular email app that comes with the device. I just used my Comcast email address.

OP
R

RJG0217

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
I would assume that might be from the "email" app instead of gmail, since it doesn't say gmail, but I could be wrong.

What email service(s) do you have setup on the phone? Just gmail, or do you have yahoo, hotmail, aol, etc setup as well?
I am using the email app that came with the device & signed in to my Comcast email .

OP
R

RJG0217

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
It happens on WiFi

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If you can verify that it happens just as much when you're on mobile data only and not wifi, then we can at least potentially rule out your ISP internet service and/or your equipment.

If it happens the same whether you're on wifi or mobile data, then it's likely the app or the email server having issues, but if it only happens on wifi and not on mobile data, then it may potentially be an issue with your router or service.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Would going into the email app settings and clearing cache fix it? Sorry, that is my first solution to everything.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Would going into the email app settings and clearing cache fix it? Sorry, that is my first solution to everything.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Not a bad place to start if the issue is on the phone and not with the network connection. Would be nice if a popup like this gave you an option to view more details about WHY. Haha!

I'm guessing it's an issue with the app or server at this point.

@RJG0217, did this just start recently, or has it done this since you put your email address into the app?