Swype not auto-spacing

beefcakeboy2009

Reaction score
Yeah sorry I'm not using the stock sms app, I'm using handcent and its working great.
Struck with the htc thunderbolt

Josf09

Reaction score
Not a solution exactly but if you open the texting through the voice command ("send text too...") and enter the text using swype there it works with auto spacing

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

eldub

Reaction score
Installed TB version, then Evo 4G version, then TB version, autospacing works

I downloaded the TB version of swype and autospacing didn't work. As suggested I switched between native keyboard and swype keyboard several times, still no autospacing. I downlaoded the HTC Evo 4G version and autospacing worked, but I didn't like the key layout and no voice to text. Finally I re-installed the TB version (after uninstalling the Evo 4G version), now autospacing works and I get the TB keyboard layout with voice to text. I don't know if this exact procedure is what fixed autospacing or if I could have just re-installed the TB version in the first place, but now it works so I'm not messing with it any more. Good luck I hope this helps!

Margebrady

Reaction score
i have lost swype on my droid x. i have gone to the market place and there is no option to download swype. any one have any ideas?

Last edited:

Snow02

Reaction score
i have lost swype on my droid x. i have gone to the market place and there is no option to download swype. any one have any ideas?

1. This is a thunderbolt thread.
2. Are you on gingerbread or froyo?

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple themed swype keyboards that will fix the auto spacing issue to. U just email him and an auto reply will give u the link to download. Work great.

Swype - xda-developers

I use them on my thunderbolt..

Margebrady

Reaction score
on a droid x
they are sending me another phone. tired of messing with this one,

y0manda

Reaction score
I used swype on my D1 back in Dec or Jan when it first came out, installed it on my tb but became frustrated with its issues. I downloaded flexT9 from Amazon and I like it much better.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

msean

Reaction score
Same Problem but Only When Texting

I just downloaded the latest version but it still has the same problem. If I use Swype when texting I get the same no spacing problem. But if I use a note app such as ColorNote or AK Notepad it auto spaces just fine. Sometimes I just text in ColorNote and copy and paste it to messaging