Swype keyboard in browser - space not automatically inserted?

mrbofus

Reaction score
Normally when typing (Swyping) using the Swype keyboard, it automatically inserts a space between words when I take my finger off the keyboard in between words. And it works this way in all places where a keyboard shows up, EXCEPT for in the browser. In the browser, when I tap the Search button and use Swype, it doesn't automatically insert a space.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there a fix?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Normally when typing (Swyping) using the Swype keyboard, it automatically inserts a space between words when I take my finger off the keyboard in between words. And it works this way in all places where a keyboard shows up, EXCEPT for in the browser. In the browser, when I tap the Search button and use Swype, it doesn't automatically insert a space.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there a fix?

Using Swype now and spacing is fine. I am running Droid forums app but will give the browse a go in a second.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
M

mrbofus

Reaction score
Yup, like I mentioned, it works fine in all apps wherever a keyboard pops up and Swype entry is an option. The only exception I have found is in the browser when performing a search.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yup, like I mentioned, it works fine in all apps wherever a keyboard pops up and Swype entry is an option. The only exception I have found is in the browser when performing a search.

Ok, so I see what you're dealing with. The reason may be because the window also serves add the Web address window as well. Still, it recognized the words "test of the spacing", even though it appeared as "testofthespacing".

OP
M

mrbofus

Reaction score
That's a good point, and you're probably right about that. If that window is brought up using the search button though, I can't imagine it would be too difficult for it to realize that we want to search and not type in a URL...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
That's a good point, and you're probably right about that. If that window is brought up using the search button though, I can't imagine it would be too difficult for it to realize that we want to search and not type in a URL...

Agreed, and it certainly seems strange but it worked so I'd give it a try to seeif it works for your search needs.

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Using x scope as the browser with Swype, spaces are inserted on the google search bar but not on the Web address line, as it should be.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Phillipsave

Reaction score
After the JB update to 4.1.2, on the Razr Maxx, the internal Swype program that came with the phone no longer worked. The spacing option between words stopped, or sometimes capitalized all words instead. Random text was sometimes inserted in what I was typing, particularly when typing in an online forum. The native swype option was frozen in the keyboard settings. I disabled the new stock android keyboard, and booted up again, but that didn't help. I have swithced to SlideIt, which is ok, although I don't like it as much. I'm tempted to download the latest swype beta on top of what I have, but the Swype forums indicate some problems and I'm nervous about doing that. Please advise.

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]ETA, I finally did download the new Swype beta, 1.4, and just checked it as a separate option in Language settings, and it works fine. Happy again.[/FONT]

Last edited: